View Full Version : "Cab File Fails to Install" Error

Jerry Raia
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Well this is a new one for me. For some strange reason I can't install anything on my MPx220. If I use and outside executable or copy the cab file to the device first I get the same error: ".cab file failed to install" thats it. No explanation. This has happened with about 5 different programs already. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Mike Temporale
02-08-2005, 12:08 PM
8O Ok.... Have you rebooted the phone? Cleaned out any junk files hanging around on the device? Got enough free space on the device?

Just a couple quick thoughts....

Jerry Raia
02-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Yes, yes and yes :) Good suggestions of course. This is the strangest thing on my phone yet. I doubt its an MPx220 problem. These are all programs I have installed with no problems before. However they are being reinstalled this time after my SanDisk MiniSD failed and was replaced with a new card.

Update: Even stranger I just was able to install the new version of Papyrus.

:?

Jerry Raia
02-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Alright I have found the problem. I just deleted the folders with the remains of the programs but didnt use the "Remove Programs" function. Now of course I can't delete from there at all. Because all the files are gone. I had to go back into the registry and delete the uninstall keys for the programs. So Mike I guess it should have been... Yes, No, Yes. :lol:

Mike Temporale
02-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Ah... I see. Glad the problem is solved. :)