View Full Version : Volume was fine, now stinks!!

meg
02-06-2005, 02:37 AM
I got my 220 for Christmas and the volume has been fine. Read about all the problems but was relieved that I wasn't experienceing them. The volume wasn't as loud as my old Nokia but it was fine. Well, all that has changed. In the last week, the volume has gotten awful! I can barely hear the person on the other end. I've pushed all the buttons but can't get the volume back up. I have the 1.3, should I do the re-boot and see if this helps? I love this phone but can't live without being able to hear. Thanks for any advice.

Mike Temporale
02-06-2005, 05:14 AM
For sure the first place to start is rebooting the phone, just power off and power back on. If you're still having problems, you might want to look at any uninstalling any applications that you might have installed in the last couple days. And if that's not the problem, maybe you should check out the new ROM Jerry posted (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7526) about on the front page yesterday. ;)

Jerry Raia
02-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Yeah but if meg already has 1.3 it won't matter. If all else fails a hard reset may set you straight. Unfortunately it will return the phone to an out of the box state. All data (unless on a storage card) and programs will be gone and need to be reinstalled.

Kris Kumar
02-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Stupid suggestion...but worth a shot. :-)

Have you tried hitting the volume up during the call. I know that increasing the volume when no call is active is different from the in call volume key function.

Mike Temporale
02-07-2005, 02:43 AM
Stupid suggestion...but worth a shot. :-)

Have you tried hitting the volume up during the call. I know that increasing the volume when no call is active is different from the in call volume key function.

Not stupid at all. I know that I have accidently turned the volume down, and didn't realize it until much later.

meg
02-07-2005, 04:49 AM
Oh yes, I've done all the call volume, earpiece volume, etc. It is down like 40-60% from what it was. I'm going to try the reset and if that doesn't work, head back to cingular.

jimyflood
02-07-2005, 05:00 AM
I was reading this because I think I want a MPX220. This was a very interesting article because my V600 did the same thing. All of a sudden the volume just wasn't there like it was when it was new. Is the MPX220 worth the money?

skibee
02-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh yes, I've done all the call volume, earpiece volume, etc. It is down like 40-60% from what it was. I'm going to try the reset and if that doesn't work, head back to cingular.

Let us know what Cingular says -- i'd be interested in hearing their explanation.

This might sound silly, but are you sure you haven't dropped it?? That happened to my Samsung last year -- i'm not too sure what I did to it, all i know is that i had to get another phone.