View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition-based Smartphone for T-Mobile

ajazi
02-01-2005, 10:40 PM
okay kids...

can anyone tell me what (if any) Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition-based smartphones available for purchase today would work on the T-Mobile network if i just pulled my SIM card out of my current T-Mobile phone and plugged it into the smartphone?

it's just so frustrating to me that people like Cingular and AT&T can have nice phones and T-Mobile Europe can have nice phones but T-Mobile USA doesn't offer squat (for phones that is).

are there any unlocked phones i can buy that will do this?

or, by chance, does anyone know if T-Mobile is releasing a smartphone anytime soon?

thanks gang...

brntcrsp
02-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Well, I bought the iMate SP3i off ebay last week (well really from expansys (http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=I-MATE_SP3I_US))

I just dropped in my TMobile SIM and away I went. No problems at all. You may want to search this site for WAP and internet settings too.

As long as the phone is unlocked and GSM it should work without a hitch. Other models include the iMate SP3 (Expansys), Audiovox SMT5600 (AT&T), and the MPx220 (Cingular but all their phones [or so I was told by the sales rep] are unlocked).

Mike Temporale
02-02-2005, 03:06 AM
Any i-mate or Qtek phone will be unlocked. You can also buy an Audiovox SMT5600 and have it unlocked.

Hope that helps.

ajazi
02-02-2005, 05:46 AM
that sounds great gang...

i really do like the Audiovox SMT5600.

so i just need to find one that is unlocked? are there places that sell them that way right off or do they have to be unlocked once purchased via other means?

thanks again.

-george

ajazi
02-02-2005, 05:58 AM
duh...

i found the answer to my own questions.

thanks again guys.

great forum.

i wish these phones weren't so expensive.

come on T-Mobile, start selling a smartphone stateside so i can get a rebate.

grrrr...

Mike Temporale
02-02-2005, 11:44 AM
come on T-Mobile, start selling a smartphone stateside so i can get a rebate.

Your not alone. There seems to be a lot of people that are waiting for T-Mobile to get a move on. :(

mpaquette
02-03-2005, 03:12 PM
ajazi,

Another T-Mobile subscriber here that got sick of waiting for them to bring out a Windows Smartphone. I picked up an SP3i from Expansys US a few weeks back. So far so good. I had to spend a little bit of time configuring it for MMS, Email and Internet, but everyhting works great. This is the best phone I've ever owned, highly recommended!