View Full Version : unlocked i-mate SP3i use with existing t-mobile account question

MRNUTTY
01-30-2005, 04:16 PM
ok, i have a dumb question. if the sp3i comes with a builtin IMEI, and I have two t-mobile accounts already (a GRPS only, and a voice+GRPS) can i transfer the IMEI number to one of the accounts? or doi have to cancel one, and add a new one? i never bought an unlocked phone like this before. any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike Temporale
01-30-2005, 06:27 PM
I think you're getting things a little confused.

The IMEI is unique to each and every phone. You can't transfer them between phones. Well, you can but that's illegal. :wink: What you are looking for is a way to use your unlocked SP3i under your T-Mobile account. The answer is much easier than you might expect. Just remove the SIM card from your current T-Mobile phone, and insert it into the SP3i. That's it. To use GPRS, you'll have to dig up some T-Mobile Data settings, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Just search around here, I'm sure someone has posted it.

Hope that helps, if you're stilll a little confused about all this, just let us know. We'll get it worked out for ya. :D

MRNUTTY
01-30-2005, 10:16 PM
phew! that's great! i was confused about the SIM description i had been researching. glad to hear it's as easy as i hoped! thanks Mike! so much worry averted (especially since i had already commited to buy it :)

MRNUTTY
01-31-2005, 02:22 AM
does the sp3i work with bluetooth keyboards? i'm replacing a t-mobile XDA and i've always bought keyboard with all my PDA's and PDAphones.

Thanks!

Kris Kumar
01-31-2005, 02:43 AM
Officially none of the BT keyboard manufacturers claim support for the 2003 Smartphones (SP3i included). :-( I was looking it up a couple of days ago on the Proporta, Think Outside, and JavoEdge websites. None claimed support.

But one of our readers has had success with BT keyboard from Proporta. Check out this thread (http://smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7036) for links and mini review. :-)

MRNUTTY
01-31-2005, 08:48 PM
well, i just got an H4355 PDA to complement the SP3i. the proporta BT keyboard works with this as well. now to scrounge up cases :)