View Full Version : SMT5600 Calendar Reminders Stopped Working

chlinthi
01-28-2005, 05:57 AM
I have the Audiovox SMT5600 (on AT&T) and recently (after missing a few meetings) I noticed that I am no longer getting any reminders for calendar meeting notices - nothing audible and not even the popups. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Chip

Mike Temporale
01-28-2005, 02:55 PM
I haven't seen this before. Have you installed any new applications recently?

dbob
01-28-2005, 10:25 PM
I recently downloaded, from Microsoft, ActiveSynch 3.8. Started to have some problems and called audiovox for help. Went to pda help - very important to go there - and ended up uninstalling AS3.8 and reinstalling AS3.71. All problems went away. Go back to your start up disc and make sure you aren't synched at the time you're doing this. Better still, call audiovox.

greghaz
02-24-2005, 04:10 AM
If these events were originally entered in Outlook, you may have the outlook preferences set for no reminder as the default setting. If these events were entered on the phone i have no idea.
Hope this helps,
Greg

chlinthi
02-27-2005, 04:24 AM
I ended up doing a Full Hard Reset on my phone and this fixed the problems. Just then had to reload my additional applications and re-tweak various settings, but this fixed the problem. Must be another hidden 'feature' of this phone.

-Chip