View Full Version : STM5600 - need advice/input with Amazon and Letstalk.com

Vuvision
01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
I've ordered two STM5600 phones through wirefly.com Wednesday of last week with a verbal confirmation that the phones are to be fed-ex over night to my door step by Friday. As of today, no phones ... and CS has informed me that the SMT5600 is a very popular phone and current on back order. Add salt to injury, the CS can't and won't give me when I will be receiving the phones (not even a ball park time frame ... 1 wk, 1 mo, or 1 yr :( ) I am about to cancel the order and go else where.

I have a few questions:

1) Understanding that amazon doesn't have option to order 2 phones at once then sign up for the AT&T share plan. Will amazon still honor the rebate if I am to order 2 separate phones with individual plan, then call AT&T to consolidate and change plan to the family share plan?

2) Even though Cingular now owns AT&T, will amazon still honor their rebate if I am to switch over to Cingular before the mandated 3 months period?

2) Letstalk.com has the SMT5600 for $49 AR, any input or feedback with this online vendor is appreciated.

TIA

BruceA
01-28-2005, 04:36 AM
I ordered the SMT5600 from Wirefly on Nov.24th - didn't receive it until Dec. 29th. Extremely frustrating, and their customer support was like a brick wall. I spent way too much time trying to get a straight answer on what was happening to my order. If it hadn't been for the fact that the rebates that came with the phone essentially made the cost "$0.00" I would have bailed long before. There is a 180 day waiting period before the rebates can be submitted.

As far as changing over from an AT&T plan to a Cingular plan, I haven't been able to talk to anyone via phone that could make the transition, after multiple attempts! The same response "AT&T phone won't work on Cingular"..."you'll have to get a new phone"...

You might consider cooling your jets until Cingular brings out the SMT5600 under its brand - check out the boards here and at modaco.com for plenty of posts on this hot topic.

The phone is as good as people say it is.