View Full Version : signal reset

thefunkunfaked
01-26-2005, 09:08 PM
is there any way to reset the signal on the mpx220 *without* power cycling? i know power cycling itself runs quite a bit of battery juice.

Mike Temporale
01-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Are you talking about turning off the radio? Because that's possible, but I don't know that it have the same effect as a reboot.

thefunkunfaked
01-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Are you talking about turning off the radio? Because that's possible, but I don't know that it have the same effect as a reboot.

talking about resetting the signal between the cell phone and any nearby towers.. the same effect you'd get from power cycling, except i don't want to power cycle

Mike Temporale
01-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Ok, well you could try turning the radio off and back on - basically putting the phone in flight mode which should do the same thing.

thefunkunfaked
01-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Ok, well you could try turning the radio off and back on - basically putting the phone in flight mode which should do the same thing.

okay thanks.. i didn't know what you meant by turning the radio off/on.. but i understand now that you mention flight mode

Jerry Raia
01-27-2005, 03:07 AM

Yes it does, I use it several times a day at work :)

stevew
01-27-2005, 04:39 AM
The problem with GPRS not connecting when trying to surf or email sometimes needs a reboot for me. Turning off and on flight mode doesn't seem to work for that.

Kris Kumar
01-27-2005, 04:45 AM
The problem with GPRS not connecting when trying to surf or email sometimes needs a reboot for me. Turning off and on flight mode doesn't seem to work for that.

I have noticed that..luckily it is rare.

My first Smartphone the Red-E would require a reboot every 3 hours or so, when I was at work because signal is weak inside the building. But not anymore. I have not moved my office but the MPx220 and SP3i both work well.