View Full Version : Sync 'Files' on Smartphone

SassKwatch
01-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Have I gone totally daft, or is it really not possible to sync 'Files' on the Smartphone platform?

Keep thinking I must be missing something obvious as I can't believe MS would not include this functionality.

Mike Temporale
01-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Believe it. It's not here. I don't understand why Microsoft decided that sync'ing files is something people with Smartphones would never like to do. :evil:

Some software developers have written their own sync engine to get their files onto the phone. Also there are some third party applications like Rubber Stamp Data, that will add file sync - but it's not in Active Sync.

SassKwatch
01-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Believe it. It's not here. I don't understand why Microsoft decided that sync'ing files is something people with Smartphones would never like to do. :evil:
It sure doesn't make a bit of sense to me. *IF* they hadn't included Media Player in the OS and if there weren't so many cmaera phones out there, I could almost understand they thought this would be simply a 'PIM' OS and that users wouldn't want to sync anything but such data.

Oh well, I did dl the trial of the RubberStampData tool....hopefully that will do the job.