View Full Version : Internet Access Through PC Bluetooth Connection

rodq
01-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Has anyone been able to to setup access the internet through the bluetooth connection on their PC. I just got an Audiovox SMT5600 and have successfully setup the bluetooth connection for ActiveSync. I have also setup the Network Access as a bluetooth service on my PC and can see that it is active and shared when I look at my network connection.

It shows
Bluetooth Network
LAN or High-Speed Internet
Connected, Shared, Firewalled
Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver
IP Address: (IP Address)
Subnet Mask: (Mask)
Automatic Private Address

When I right click on it and pick status it shows Connected and the Speed 700 Kbps.

My problem is that I can figure out how to setup the connection from my phone to the PC so that it uses the PC as the Internet gateway. I've looked through the phone manual but only see instructions for setting up dial-up, proxy, VPN and GPRS. Can anyone out there offer any help on this.

By the way, I'm running XP-SP2 on my PC.

Thx,
rod

Kris Kumar
01-22-2005, 05:57 AM
I believe you are looking on how to enable the "Pass Through" connection. That is the term used on Microsoft Smartphone and Pocket PCs, when you want your device to use the internet connection provided by the PC.

Step 1. On the PC, launch ActiveSync. Tools->Options menu->Rules tab.
The bottom part of the screen has the Pass Through section. Make sure that your Connection selection reads Internet. (I believe it defaults to Work.)

Step 2. Connect the Smartphone to PC using ActiveSync over BT.

Step 3. You are done. (Or should be.) ;-)

Let us know how it goes.

rodq
01-22-2005, 06:38 AM
I believe you are looking on how to enable the "Pass Through" connection. That is the term used on Microsoft Smartphone and Pocket PCs, when you want your device to use the internet connection provided by the PC.

Step 1. On the PC, launch ActiveSync. Tools->Options menu->Rules tab.
The bottom part of the screen has the Pass Through section. Make sure that your Connection selection reads Internet. (I believe it defaults to Work.)

Step 2. Connect the Smartphone to PC using ActiveSync over BT.

Step 3. You are done. (Or should be.) ;-)

Let us know how it goes.

:D :) :lol:

WOW - That is awesome! Thank you so much.