View Full Version : Another possible new MPx220 issue

little john
01-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Ok not a major problem and not techinical at all but, Is anyone having problems witht he battery cover on this phone? Mine continualy falls off and the battery falls out.

thanks,
~lj

Jerry Raia
01-21-2005, 05:30 AM
There have been a number of posts on this. Some have had the little tabs break off too. I put a small piece of clear tape on the back of the case on the top seam to make it more secure.

I think it is a major problem. Motorola should be embarrassed about the quality of this phone.

spokrie
01-21-2005, 07:59 PM
I hope I don't offend you, but did you remove the clear plastic film from the silver button for the battery door?

Scott

little john
01-21-2005, 10:29 PM
:) yes...

stevew
01-22-2005, 02:41 AM
I put a small piece of clear tape on the back of the case on the top seam to make it more secure.

I think it is a major problem. Motorola should be embarrassed about the quality of this phone.

Yes it's pretty sad when you have to tape up a $300 phone. My battery cover doesn't fall off but it fits kinda sloppy and has a bit of play in it that bothers me. Other than that the phone has been good to me.

Kris Kumar
01-22-2005, 06:25 AM
I broke the plastic tab of the MPx220 cover on its first day, while I was putting it on for the first time. :-( :oops:

But thanks to the wonderful Motorola folks, I got the problem fixed.

Motorola botched up the firmware for me, so that I could go into Best Buy and swap the phone out. Not once but twice. ;-) And now I know that I have to be careful with the cover.

gapfilmvideo
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
curious how or what motorola did to resolve this issue for you...or was it just better on the second or third phone....mine is kinda sloppy as well

WPB
01-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, I was not having any problems with my battery falling out, but after reading this thread I had to look. The little plastic was still on the "silver" button and I removed it. Then my battery cover was noticably loose - it could move back and forth by about a 1/16 of an inch, and it was bothersome. I also worried, that because this battery cover is only about the thickness of two pieces of paper, the movement might eventually lead to breakage of some of the tabs. I couldn't find the origional piece of plastic but was able to correct the problem with a sliver of "Scotch" tape along one side of the "silver" button.

PPCMD
01-24-2005, 07:02 PM
I just want to know when Moto is going to offer accesories for the MPx220 that are specific to this phone. Batteries (no cingular stores in my area have them) and battery doors would be nice. More importantly they need to (a) not give BB an exclusive when the next MPx2x0 acomes out and (b) design for a larger battery option and door.

Jerry Raia
01-30-2005, 08:10 PM
This is what happens when you move "Quality" to the bottom of your company mission statement and move 'Customer Service" off of it entirely.

mbranscum
02-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Get a piece of toilet paper and fold it in half so it just covers the battery...put the cover back on and latch. It takes the play out of the cover and makes the fit tighter. Worked great for me. :D

Mike Temporale
02-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Get a piece of toilet paper and fold it in half so it just covers the battery...put the cover back on and latch. It takes the play out of the cover and makes the fit tighter. Worked great for me. :D

:lol:

So many comments come to mind.... :wink:

Jerry Raia
02-05-2005, 04:41 PM
The amount of restraint I am using right now is mind boggling.
:microwave: