View Full Version : thought I was missing the hand book... (Sprint I600)

krpotter47
01-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Thought I was missing the handbook after I opened the box and only found a small users guide. I suppose for $500 I would think you would get a good manual. Well, anyways I found this great site, so here are my early questions I would appreciate help with.

1. How can you switch to T9 when sending an SMS message?

2. How do you associate a contact with a speed dial? or how do you set speed dials otherwise?

3. I have tasks loaded in my Outlook, however, I cannot find them on the phone after syncing?

Thank you

Mike Temporale
01-19-2005, 03:36 AM
They usually put the manual on the CD. Look around he disc, and you should find a PDF-based manual.

As for your questions...

1) Press the * key repeatedly. It will cycle between the different input methods.

2) highlight the contact, and press the action key. You should now be looking at the details of the given contact. Press Menu, Add to sped dial, then pick a number.

3) Tasks don't sync to the Smartphone without a 3rd party solution. Try Oxis ToDo, or PowerTasks. Neither are free.

Hope that helps.

ARW
01-19-2005, 08:37 AM
They usually put the manual on the CD. Look around he disc, and you should find a PDF-based manual.

As for your questions...

1) Press the * key repeatedly. It will cycle between the different input methods.

3) Tasks don't sync to the Smartphone without a 3rd party solution. Try Oxis ToDo, or PowerTasks. Neither are free.

Hope that helps.

On my i600, VZW model running 2003, I have to press and hold the * key and then it cycles through 123, T9 and abc. If I press/release it cycles through lower case, upper case and all upper case.

As for Tasks, mine will sync between Outlook and the i600. Just look for Task in the Start menu. I will add that the Task application that comes with Windows Mobile for phones is worthless. If you want to do anything with tasks on the phone you'll need a third party Tasks app. I have Power Tasks from DeveloperOne and am by and large pleased. I wish it would parse phone numbers as other apps do, but it's pretty good.

krpotter47
01-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Tips were very helpful, I did find owners manual online as well

Is there a third party solution or a way to make the voice command work quicker, i.e.- rather than saying name dial, then contact name, then type of number, can you just say call so and so on mobile, home, etc...

I guess what I am looking for is a one step way to use it rather than a 3 way step

Also for those who use the speed dial, rather than trying to remember who is where, I put my high volume call contacts under the corresponding digits for first and last name. For instance - If I want to call John Doe, that would be under 53 (j=5 d=3 for 53). Of course you cannot do many that way, but it makes it quicker than any other way of dialing for at least some of your contacts.

Mike Temporale
01-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Also for those who use the speed dial, rather than trying to remember who is where, I put my high volume call contacts under the corresponding digits for first and last name. For instance - If I want to call John Doe, that would be under 53 (j=5 d=3 for 53). Of course you cannot do many that way, but it makes it quicker than any other way of dialing for at least some of your contacts.

I just use the default search - it's pretty powerful. Have you tried it? From the contacts screen or the home screen, just start typing the letters of the name of the person who you want to call. In T9 fashion.

It's pretty fast and easy to find someone.

Jerry Raia
01-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Try Oxis ToDo, or PowerTasks. Neither are free.

I have used Power Tasks and recently changed to Oxis. I'm liking Oxis better.