View Full Version : Internet Explorer Keeps closing

bleeman
01-15-2005, 10:20 PM
About 5 or 6 days ago a weird thing has started happening with IE on my MPx220. I'll open it go to a website and everything looks okay but about 1 to 3 seconds later I'll be back at the home screen and IE will be closed. Selecting IE again doesn't return me to the page I was on, but just back to the main screen with my favorites. I've tried clearing my temporary files, history etc. and no change. I haven't added any apps to my phone yet so it's still "vanilla", beyond the obvious syncing with my desktop for contacts, calendar entries and e-mail.

I'm thinking it's time for a hard reset to see if that clears the issue up, but thought I'd post a note here first to see if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what if any solution they came up with.

Thanks!

Kris Kumar
01-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I have noticed this on my MPx220 with one particular site (I can't remember now). But all or most sites work fine, except for one. I could not figure out why and just stopped trying that site all-together.

Are you having this problem with all the sites?

Since your phone is still in out of the box state, try a hard reset. And see how it goes. ;-)

bleeman
01-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the input Kris, at least I know I'm not going nuts :) As to sites, originally I thought it was only one or two, but it's now happening on almost every site I go to including the "Thoughts" sites, Google etc.

I've been thinking it was Hard Reset time and plan on doing so after I get back from my travels today so that I'm set for next week.

Jerry Raia
01-17-2005, 02:26 AM
I have seen other apps do that from time to time for no apparent reason.

bleeman
01-17-2005, 08:17 AM
I ended up doing the Hard Reset and all is working well once again. The only pain with the Hard Reset is I lose all of my Call History. Is that in an obvious location where I could copy it over to my miniSD card or is it embedded in a database somewhere?

Mike Temporale
01-17-2005, 02:31 PM
My guess is that it's in a database somewhere. Smartione should be able to help you locate what database it's in. I would check myself, but I'm without my trusty laptop for the next week. :(