View Full Version : Custom ringtones

spokrie
01-14-2005, 03:25 AM
Has anyone found a way to use audio files from the MiniSD card as contact ringtones?

Scott

Kherm T.
01-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Yes, But if you change contact ringtones to see MiniSD card, you also change Ringtones to see MiniSD card also. Here you can try it!

HKIEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/Ring Hit Values select Directory and Change Value data:\Windows\ to Value data:\Storage Card\ that all.

PS> Dont forget to reboot your phone.

ozziegn
01-18-2005, 05:40 PM
HKIEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/Ring Hit Values select Directory and Change Value data:\Windows\ to Value data:\Storage Card\ that all.

so do I change the reg entry exactly to whats show ^ above ^ including the "that all." do I also use the period after "all"?

Mike Temporale
01-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Try this, anything BOLD is a value in your registry. This should be a little easier to follow.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/Ring

Hit Values select Directory

Change Value data:\Windows\
to Value data: \Storage Card\

that all.

jaredmt
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Strangely, this doesn't work for me. TMobile MDA w/ Win Mobile 5. I can change the directory value to "/Storage Card/" easily enough. I've entered exactly, including case and the space between Storage and Card. But I'm only given the normal browsing options via settings and any MP3 I select via explorer for a ringtone is still copied to the windows folder.
Thoughts?

JT