View Full Version : What Are Your Top Applications of 2004

Mike Temporale
01-06-2005, 09:00 PM
There is no doubt that 2004 was a great year for Windows Mobile Smartphone. Just look at the top stories of 2004, (http://www.SmartphoneThoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7239) and you'll notice that they are all hardware related - New phones, smaller footprints, faster processing, better battery life, etc.

All those things are great achievements that the Smartphone platform can really benefit from. However, without software our phones are a long way from smart. :wink: I thought it would be interesting to see what applications from 2004 helped make your Smartphone such a big part of your life. The big ones for me are Smartione, Vnotes, and Homescreen Designer. What about you guys?

jfreiman
01-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, for me, the best software for Windows Mobile Smartphone is the included Windows Media Player 10 mobile software along with Windows Media Player 10 (Desktop) and WinAVI Converter.

This combination of software lets me transcode and transfer any video/program from my DVR (RepltyTV) to my SMT5600 flawlessly.

There I can pass the time to and from work (on the train) and catch up on talk shows, citcoms, sci-fi, movies, etc.

There are other programs I use on my Smartphone, but none get as much use as Media Player 10. :D

altden2002
01-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Mapopolis on SMT5600. Never get lost again.
That, and of course over-the-air Exchange Active Sync.

Jerry Raia
01-06-2005, 10:30 PM
That, and of course over-the-air Exchange Active Sync.

This is the single most important thing I use. Right behind it a good calendar program like Papyrus is shaping up to be :)

Mike Temporale
01-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Well, for me, the best software for Windows Mobile Smartphone is the included Windows Media Player 10 mobile software along with Windows Media Player 10 (Desktop) and WinAVI Converter

When my Media Center arrives later this month, I hope to get into this stuff. 8)

Jerry Raia
01-07-2005, 04:25 AM
Well, for me, the best software for Windows Mobile Smartphone is the included Windows Media Player 10 mobile software along with Windows Media Player 10 (Desktop) and WinAVI Converter

When my Media Center arrives later this month, I hope to get into this stuff. 8)

To all of you with Media Player 10 in your phones.....
:bad-words:

encece
01-07-2005, 04:56 AM
to all of you suckers who banked on the MPx220 instead of the 5600.... :rotfl:

Jerry Raia
01-07-2005, 05:06 AM
to all of you suckers who banked on the MPx220 instead of the 5600.... :rotfl:

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :grab:

encece
01-07-2005, 05:16 AM
HA!
Back on topic...
...There are a bunch of apps that I like. But I'm not sure if I really like them or am just infatuated with using new apps:

I like:
Mapopolis.
PowerCalendar/Tasks
SmartphoneNotes

but I also like the little free apps that are so simple yet necessary like
World-Tracker.com's SMARTLocator.GPS
BTToggle
SmartMonitor Homescreen plugin
BetaPlayer

Nothing has really bowled me over this past year though...I NEED MORE!

marlof
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
The ones I couldn't live without are:

- Opera Tech Preview
- Landware's Movie Guide

The one that I really miss (it was scheduled to be released in December 2004, so it should be around the corner):

- IliumSoft's NewsBreak.

I would have loved to love Homescreen Designer, but due to some inconsistency on my desktop, I can't use that. It gives a fatal error when starting up. It works great on the other computer in the house though. :)

Mike Temporale
01-07-2005, 05:22 PM
- Landware's Movie Guide

Squeezed in just before the end of the year. I'm really excited about this, I just need a miniSD card before I can load it. :D