View Full Version : Email problem

Jeff Song
12-31-2004, 10:53 AM
I have an unusual quirk with my smartphone. I am able to send/recieve emails from my gmail account, but it won't pick up anything that was already downloaded previously. In addition, the mail that HAS been downloaded will be deleted automatically the next time i perform a send/receive. Strange problem, it could be something simple, but I can't find anything in the account settings that would be causing it.

My other emails work fine.

Mike Temporale
12-31-2004, 01:12 PM
Is Gmail offering POP now? or is this a third party tool that allows you to POP your mail from Gmail?

It sounds like it's a problem with their implementation of POP, and nothing to do with your phone.

Jeff Song
12-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Gmail offers POP access. I found it strange that it would always let me send/recieve with no problem. It is fairly new so I suppose that it does have its issues. Thanks Mike.

BTW, I've noticed that when I hit reply, or quote, it takes me to the main forum. Can you tell me why thats happening? Thanks!

Kris Kumar
12-31-2004, 09:11 PM
It sounds like it's a problem with their implementation of POP, and nothing to do with your phone.

I agree. I believe you should play with the Gmail->Settings->Forwarding and POP->2. When messages are accessd with POP. The default is "archive Gmail's copy", try changing it to "keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox".

Jeff Song
01-02-2005, 04:41 AM

I agree. I believe you should play with the Gmail->Settings->Forwarding and POP->2. When messages are accessd with POP. The default is "archive Gmail's copy", try changing it to "keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox".

Unfortunately, I have tried changing all possible settings in the mailbox. The important thing is that it DOES actually get all new messages, so at least I can read them/reply if need be. Thanks for the help everyone!

Kris Kumar
01-02-2005, 05:10 AM
BTW, I've noticed that when I hit reply, or quote, it takes me to the main forum. Can you tell me why thats happening? Thanks!

Are you logged in? And if you are...

It just happened to me. Are you using Mozilla Browser. I see it happening consistently in Mozilla, IE is fine. :? I noticed that when I am opening new links in a window or a tab in Mozilla. It does not remember that I am "signed in/logged in" when I try to reply. It suffers from amnesia. :roll:

Kris Kumar
01-02-2005, 05:14 AM
Unfortunately, I have tried changing all possible settings in the mailbox. The important thing is that it DOES actually get all new messages, so at least I can read them/reply if need be. Thanks for the help everyone!

Hmm..thinking about it. I can see why it is behaving like that. It could be Google's POP3 implementation.

Maybe you can write to them and suggest keeping the mail there. Or have another setting in the POP3 settings. ;-)

encece
01-02-2005, 02:33 PM
post the XML. Maybe we can help! :D