View Full Version : adding words to dictionary?

rzanology
12-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Is this possible? im using the mpx 220...coming from the se z600. The z600 had a feature to allow me to add my own words in the dict....im not seeing this any where on the mpx....can it be done?

Kris Kumar
12-28-2004, 09:09 PM
I am afraid there is no way to add word to the predictive text entry word list (dictionary) on the MPx220. :-( I wish it had specified a way.

The iTAP is supposed to learn the new words that you enter by itself. But I have not seen that happening. :-(

I am hoping that someone would develop an editor application to add/edit words in the iTAP dictionary or word-list.

rzanology
12-29-2004, 04:45 AM
damn it...all these phone compaines have to do is play with a sony errison phone. perhaps they'll figure out how to make a proper phone!

Kris Kumar
12-29-2004, 04:52 AM
damn it...all these phone compaines have to do is play with a sony errison phone. perhaps they'll figure out how to make a proper phone!

You got that right. It is amazing how much effort a company "claims" it has put into the development of the phone. And when it hits the market, average customers find that even the most basic stuff is not implemented right.

The biggest annoyance with iTAP is apostrophe (') instead of dot (.) when the number "1" key is pressed. The Moto folks must have too many drinks when they thought that apostrophe should get higher priority then dot. :?

Jeff Song
12-31-2004, 09:05 PM
I think thats the biggest problem with motos iTap. Most other companies now use T9, and my 5600 does as well, and learning new words is a snap. I've shied away from motos products after working in the cell phone biz over summer breaks in college and realizing that people had so many problems with them.