View Full Version : Beta testers needed

amitregev
12-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Hi all :)

I'm not sure how many people in the SmartPhone market are familiar with our products because until today we only targeted our software for the Pocket PC market (http://www.sbsh.net , software like PocketBreeze, PocketWeather, iLauncher and some additional titles) but in the next few days we will be releasing our first software for SmartPhone devices.

The first release will be a free public-beta level software as we did in the past with PocketWeather for Pocket PC devices. Currently, I can't say much more... :D

Before we go with the release I need one or two people that will help me beta test some last moment issues.

If you you have a free moments and would like to help us test our new software it will be really great help and really appreciated. :)

You can simply add my MSN messenger account: [email protected]
or email me to [email protected]

Many thanks and happy Christmas! 8)

amitregev
12-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Is there anyone currently online that can help us? :(

Mike Temporale
12-26-2004, 10:58 PM
It might help if you tell people a little more about what is required. Do they need to have a specific phone? Does this test require GPRS access? How much memory is required? Storage Card? etc... :wink:

Depending on what you're looking for, and how much time this test will take, I may be able to help. But not for another 4 hours or so. I'm busy until then. :D

amitregev
12-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Hi Mike and thanks for the reply :)

Actually we don't need to much things to test; because we are new to this platform (all of our products until today are for Pocket PC devices) generally I would like to talk to someone that uses Smartphone devices a bit and ask him to try the software we plan to release in about 12 hours :D

Generally I believe everything will work fine and we tested it on our two Smartphone devices, but because we are not familiar with the platform in the same level we are with Pocket PC devices, I'm sure there are many more things I can learn, and I also want to get a general initial opinion from a more experienced Smartphone user then me :roll:

The initial release of the product (in 12 hours...) will be as public beta stages anyway and will be available for download for free, exactly from the same reasons - we are simply not experienced enough with this platform and want help from users what do they think we should add, what should be changed, and of course... what is not working correctly :)

We did this in the past with other software we have in the Pocket PC market and found this a great way to start with a new market. Usually, after about two months of development and users feedback we decide to take the software to the commercial level. All users who helped us to test the software are invited to register it in a lower price (~$10) and users who will decide to continue to use the latest free public beta can do it too - we have no problem to leave the final public-beta released version as a freeware (usually this will be when we have a really good software already which can already be a commercial software). We believe that most users will decide to purchase it for the extra features we will continue to add in the future and also to support our work.

Of course I might be wrong because this is a different market - but we are here to learn :)

I'm currently online and I'll stay online for the next 3-4 hours (I'll try to stay as long as possible), main problem it is now 1 am here.. :( but I'll try to stay online until 5 am, so I might even get to chat with you :)

Thanks for the kind help offer :D

encece
12-27-2004, 09:03 AM
I'll help.
I have an Audiovox SMT5600.