View Full Version : Need Bluetooth headset connection help

Citezein
12-19-2004, 05:04 AM
I have a Motorola HS810 Bluetooth headset and an Audiovox SMT 5600 phone. Normally, I use my headset with my computer when I talk using Skype. I'd like to use it for my phone as well. I have successfully paired the device with my phone, but I can't seem to get it working. The problem is that the headset automatically connects with the last device that it was used with. I have no way to go from computer to phone because I can't seem to figure out how to initiate a connection between my phone and my headset without re-pairing the devices.

Any suggestions?

rrape
12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
I recently purchased a Logitech Bluetooth headset. In doing my "research", I discovered some supported more than one device and some did not. It was more of a channel type setup, wherein the headset could be paired with more than one device. Do you know for sure your headset was even designed to be used with more than one device? Perhaps it was not, and you simply need to get one designed for your needs.

Citezein
12-21-2004, 06:00 PM
My headset was designed to be paried with more than one device. It can store 8 devices in memory. However, it will only connect with one device automatically. All other devices must initiate the connection themselves. This is where my problem lies. I need to have the phone start the connection with the headset. Any ideas?

rrape
12-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Does it matter wether the bluetooth setting on the phone is set to On or Discoverable?

Kris Kumar
12-21-2004, 07:12 PM
I am afraid there is no easy way out.

When there are two devices or more devices that support the BT headset, then the BT headset may be programmed to go with the last used device.

The way I see it is that you walk away from the computer, when you want to pair the headset with the phone. ;-) That may be a long walk.

Or turn off the computer or initiate the connection from the phone.

I guess BT is a simple protocol, built with one to one type communication. Not sure if there is a sophisticated BT headset out there that can show on a mini-LCD screen the list of devices and let you select the one you wish to pair with. Alas, headset don't have that kind of intelligence.

Citezein
04-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Or turn off the computer or initiate the connection from the phone.

Just a followup from way long ago. This is the ideal ability, but I have not been able to find any software to accomplish this. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks,

Brian

Esquire
04-10-2005, 05:22 PM
The issue is with the headset itself, so it is difficult for a device to force a connection with it, but you don't need to shut down the computer - try stopping the Bluetooth on the computer.

I just right click the Bluetooth icon in system tray on my computer to turn it off, then my headset will pair itself to the phone again on the next call. After that I can restart the Bluetooth device.