View Full Version : What does the "Call Divert Activated" message mean?

Hobbes
12-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I replaced my .325 Mpx220 for the 1.30 version and now sometimes (I can't seem to narrow it down) when I'm making a call, the screen flashes a "Call Divert Activated" messaage.

Any idea what this means?

It never happened on the .325 version but I can't say that the 1.30 version is the reason the message appears.

TIA

edgar
12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Well, the message indicates that any incoming calls will be diverted to A>a number you specified or b> your voicemail.

I can only assume you don't have call waiting? And as such, the phone is diverting incoming calls to Vmail while its in use.

Just a semi educated guess

-Edgar

Hobbes
12-07-2004, 07:11 PM
That sounds like a reasonable probability. But I do have call waiting. I'll have to talk to Cingular about it. I've never received a call while on another so I don't even know if it works.

Thanks

amg212
12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
I never quite understood the point of the "call diverted" popup when making a call, but I've experienced it on every Motorola GSM phone I've used (don't know if it happens on others - but I didn't experience it with a Siemens or Sony Ericsson I used to use)

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems getting call waiting or having calls sent to voicemail. My guess is that it's a reminder that there is a conditional call forwarding (to VM) active.