View Full Version : New to Smartphones - SMT5600 - some questions

ChemNerd
12-02-2004, 07:06 AM
Hi there. I'm new here. I should be getting my SMT5600 in a few days in the mail. I have a few questions I'd like to get the answers to and I figured this would be the place to ask.

1) Where is the best place to unlock the phone from. I've seen sites online that will do it for a fee. Wasn't sure if there was a free way or specific way that was best. I have T-Mobile so I obviously can't use it as is. I'm open to suggestions.

2) Where can I find good Mini SD priced cards?

3) Recomendation for screen protector/case/cradle or other accessories?

4) Recomendation for bluetooth headset?

5) Recomendations for good software?

6) Any other information you might have for a newbie to this whole thing?

Thank you a lot in advance - have a great day.

Mykec
12-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Hi, I been using a SMT 5600 for about a month and here is what I found to be useful.

For SD Mini, try Ebay

For Third Party Software Try: Homescreen Designer, Oxios ToDo List, SmartphoneNotes or Flex Wallet.

jfran
12-06-2004, 09:54 AM
been using the imate sp3i for about 3 weeks now.

The recommended BT headset would be the Sonyericsson HBM 30, regarding memory cards, I would recommend ebuyer (http://www.ebuyer.com) and finally applications used would depend on your needs, however airfagev (http://airfagev.com) has a nice collection of free and shareware apps to choose from.

rgds

jim

jacklf
12-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi there. I'm new here. I should be getting my SMT5600 in a few days in the mail. I have a few questions I'd like to get the answers to and I figured this would be the place to ask.
I'm pretty new at this as well, but read through this forum and most of these questions (as well as some great ones you haven't thought of yet) are covered nicely.
1) Where is the best place to unlock the phone from. I've seen sites online that will do it for a fee. Wasn't sure if there was a free way or specific way that was best. I have T-Mobile so I obviously can't use it as is. I'm open to suggestions.
I unlocked mine at www.c500-unlock.com/ (http://www.c500-unlock.com/) and have been very happy.
2) Where can I find good Mini SD priced cards?
3) Recomendation for screen protector/case/cradle or other accessories?
as mentioned, eBay is an easy way to find them. Both Buy.com and Amazon.com have decent prices (also check the link section of this site for misc. hardware places)
4) Recomendation for bluetooth headset?
I love my Jabra BT250, but I've had it for about a year now, so check out others too. If you can try one on before you buy it, do so.. comfort on these things varies wildly (both from device to device and person to person).
5) Recomendations for good software?
6) Any other information you might have for a newbie to this whole thing?
Definitely read through the older messages in this forum (at least the HTC-based Microsoft Smartphones section). I've found some neat apps and learned a LOT just by reading here over the past few weeks.
Thank you a lot in advance - have a great day.
You too.. and congrats on your purchase. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine!