View Full Version : Possible Covert from PPC-PE

gratefuled
11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Hello,
I have been an eclusive PPC-PE (Phone Edition) for a couple of years, but I'm considering switching to eother exclusive smartphone device or a combination smartphone and PPC, both Bluetooth of course.

I'm very dissapointed in the new I-Mate PDA2K that I have. My previous MDA II, first generation HTC PPC-PE, I believe was a better device than the PDA2K. The PPC-PEs do not seem to have good BT Profiles. I have not used a smartphone before, but I hear the BT works much better and that you can even make voice calls/tags right over the BT Headset. Is this accurate?

How much success have people had with partnering smartphones via BT with their car systems. I recently leased an Audi 46 4.2 2005, and it has an MMI system with bluetooth. My PDA2K will pair, but no contact or file sharing.

I have my eye on the Audiovox 5600. What BT Prolie does it have 1.1 or 1.2. Have other found this devices BT Profile to be good?

Who out there has made the switch to smartphone from PPC-PE? Are you happy about it?

I don't think I could go without a PPC altogether, but years ago I used the two device, phone & PPC, method.

shrikant_c
11-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Hi,

I am quite happy with bluetooth connection between my Audiovox SMT5600 and my new Toyota Prius. THe auality is decent. Pairing was easy. The car finds the phone every time, as soon as I turn it on.

I tried teh HP PPC6315 (T-mobile) before this and could not pair. Maybe my item was defective, and I sent it back. Also the audio quality using speakerphone on the PPC was bad.

I wish BT could provide tranferring my Outlook contact's address information to the Navigation system on the Prius. That would save me minutes everytime I use the Navi system to go to a new destination. :)