View Full Version : Traveling with the SMT5600

porbe
11-19-2004, 06:36 AM
I recently started traveling a good bit and though that my new 5600 should be a perfect for helping me manage and find my way around. Unfortunately, all of the mapping programs I looked at just weren't very good or cost money, some even monthly. In light of all that I looked toward free services on the internet and this is the process that I came up with.

Where there's a will there's a way, right?

- Prior to the week I take all of my travel arrangements and create Outlook Meetings out of them and sync these with my phone. This is perfect because I have my meetings show on the home screen of my phone which makes it easy to find and select to see the details.

- The meeting usually has the location I am traveling to and other misc info that I may want to see at a quick glance.

- As I set up the meeting I log onto mapquest.com and tell it to map out the driving directions for me. Once mapquest gives me the directions I hit the print hyperlink and it takes me to a stripped down version more suitable for printing. Well, this happens to also be great for viewing on my 5600. So, I copy the hyperlink of the "printable" page and paste that link into my Outlook meeting.

- Now instead of fumbling around for my printed driving directions I select the meeting on my phone, scroll to the bottom where the directions hyperlink is and select it and now I have directions and I don't have to turn the interior light on to see them.

Mike Temporale
11-19-2004, 12:13 PM
That sounds like a good solution, and affordable too. :)