View Full Version : SMT 5600 Screen Protection Needed?

windmiller
11-18-2004, 09:58 PM
The screen on the XDA I have had for 2+ years would not scratch.

How is the SMT 5600 as far as screen scratchs go? Is protection or care needed?

Thanks!

BillMSTI
11-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Hate to admit this, but I still have the little piece of plastic on mine... Ouch!

Want to keep it as pristine as possible.

apeguero
11-19-2004, 02:50 AM
I used some of my left over iPaq 2200 series protectors. I cut them to fit the screen.

I use them anyway even though I'm not running a stylus on it.

Mike Temporale
11-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Screen protectors offer more than just protection from scratches. They also help with glare, and prevent smudges.

I'll be installing my JavoEdge Screen protector on my next Smartphone.

apeguero
11-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Go to Executivepda.com and order a Krussell Audiovox SMT 5600 leather carrying case for it. It works great for me.

cmorris
11-25-2004, 08:41 AM
JavoEdge now has a screen protector available for the SMT 5600/C500:

http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/productMtce/productDetail.do?state=init&productId=417&productRef=PSCR-00202-00a&category=SCREEN_PROTECTORS

I think I'll be keeping this phone for a while, so I'll probably pick one up.

windmiller
11-30-2004, 03:26 PM
"prevent smudges"

The screen protectors I have used on past models didnt but I also havent used screen protection since my Ipaq 3600. I am still curious about screens actually scratching. Neither of my Ipaqs were ever scratched and the XDA I have had for years has been beat all to heck and hasnt scratched a bit.
Are there differences in the screens enough to prevent or cause?

Just curious....

rizrashdi
12-02-2004, 05:58 AM
windmiller - this ain't no IPAQ.

The first week I bought my 5600, I threw it in my pokcet until I got some screen protectors on it. In that time I developed some very nice "blemishes" on the screen. Nothing that really messes it up, but it's since lost that "pristine" feel. If being in my pocket for a week messed it up, I'm sure the screen will scratch if you try hard enough.

cdcooker
02-10-2005, 08:56 AM
The screen surface of SMT 5600 is not perfectly flat, kind of a little bit convex. I would like to know how the finishing result of the screen protectors.

For curvy screen surface, a thinner screen protector will probably be easier to stick on the surface than a thicker one. Anyone know which brand has a thinner protector?

Thanks

Mike Temporale
02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
The Audiovox screen is pretty flat. Much better than any of the previous screens that I've seen. My old Tanager, has a pretty nice curve at the edge of the screen. Which doesn't work well with screen protectors.

The 5600 doesn't have that. It's flat as flat can be! Of the screen protectors that I have tried, the JavoEdge one fits prefectly, and was the easiest to install.

abarry
02-10-2005, 06:04 PM
JavoEdge now has a screen protector available for the SMT 5600/C500:

http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/productMtce/productDetail.do?state=init&productId=417&productRef=PSCR-00202-00a&category=SCREEN_PROTECTORS

I think I'll be keeping this phone for a while, so I'll probably pick one up.

I have been using this screen protector since they started carrying it. My glare is reduced and it is a perfect fir,

abarry
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Go to Executivepda.com and order a Krussell Audiovox SMT 5600 leather carrying case for it. It works great for me.

I am sure Krussel makes an excellnt product, but personally I do not like the look of it (to each his own, I guess). I have been using the Martin Fields silicon slip (after I read another thread on this site) and have been very pleased with it. It also fits in my original carrycase with the silicone jacket on! http://www.martinfields.com/US/dis_producttype.asp?prod_type=cases&model=spvC500&modeln=SPV%20C500

There were some issues about it being a dust magnet, but washing the case several times with dishwashing liquid has solved it.

TO protect my screen, I use JavoEdge screen protector fo SMT5600.

Just my $.02