View Full Version : Phone not shutting down

jalm1
11-15-2004, 01:57 AM
i Seem to be having an issue with my 5600, when i go to shut down the phone from the quick start menu it seems to go through the process and then hangs on the Audiovox screen and will not fully shut down untill i pull out the battery. Has this happened to anyone else? or does anyone know how to fix the issue?

encece
11-15-2004, 03:56 AM
Happened to a few (including myself) due to a memory leak in a less-tahn-perfectly written application.

An older version of the SmartMonitor Plugin did it for me...but something else may be causing your problem. The Windows Media Player Plugin was another culprit as well.

jalm1
11-15-2004, 04:00 AM
thanks. it finialy got so bad i just had to do a hard reset. hopefully i can isolate the program so it doesnt happen again.

jalm1
11-26-2004, 06:53 PM
so a little strange, not quite what i expected. it seem that in my testing it is ActiveSync that causes the problems. i curently have activesync set to sync with exchange as new items arive. Since i noticed this issue i have been going through each pice of software i have installed and removing it and seeing how the device performes and every time it allways will not shutdown after about 12 hours of being on, some time it only takes an hour. But i have been traveling for the holidays for the past 3 days and since i am roaming i have activesync set to manuall and have run it only a few time, but the phone has been on for more then 3 days and when i just shut it down, it worked just fine. Before i left i was having the shutdown issue and i have not changed the software in anyway. So it appears that the root cause is activesync. maybe it will imrpove if i set activesync to sync every x miniutes, rather then as new mail items arive. i dont know, but i find it odd that activesync a microsoft app is casusing the phone not to shut down.

seven
11-29-2004, 10:40 PM
I have basically the opposite problem. I almost never shut my phone down, but I guess due to a memory leak somewhere I eventually have to because over 90% of the memory is being used and I can't open anything.

So, I shut it down which it does, but then when I restart it freezes on the Windows Mobile screen. I end up having to pull the battery out to turn it off and then try again. I tried this 3 or 4 times and then finally left it off and hooked it to my PC which turned it on and it booted successfully.

Unfortunately the 2nd time I had this problem I tried hooking it to my PC and it locked up at the Windows Mobile screen again so I guess it doesn't fix it everytime. Though I tried doing it again and then it did start up.

So, basically I'm afraid to ever shut it down, but I have to every few days because of the memory leak. :(

Seven

rizrashdi
12-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Just the other day mine got stuck in a "reboot cycle".

It would boot up until the mmode screen, then promptly turn off, and start al over again.

Had to hard reset to stop it.