View Full Version : Halo 2 Sales Top $125 Million

Mike Temporale
11-12-2004, 12:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/11/technology/halosales/' target='_blank'>http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/11/technology/halosales/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The company announced late Wednesday that 2.4 million units sold in the video game's first 24 hours on store shelves, racking up sales of $125 million - 25 percent higher than what Peter Moore, vice president of Microsoft's (Research) games division, predicted at a Harris Nesbitt investment conference Tuesday. The game is the flagship title for Microsoft's Xbox gaming system this holiday season and is widely expected to be one of the year's top sellers. Fans lined up outside some 7,000 retail stores for up to 15 hours before "Halo 2" went on sale at midnight Tuesday morning. Moore on Tuesday said one retailer had sold 200,000 copies of the game before daybreak. Game specialty retailer GameStop (Research) reported first day sales of over a half-million copies."</i><br /><br />I have been able to resist the temptation to run out and grab a copy. My daily commute does not take me past any game retailers, otherwise I would have broken down and purchased a copy. But, I am just one man. It appears that a great number of people had to buy the game on opening day. Did you?

Kris Kumar
11-12-2004, 02:13 AM
I am not a gamer, but Halo 1.0 came close to converting me into a gamer.

I will be buying a copy before the holidays and see if Halo 2 can do what its predecessor couldn't do. ;-)

cmorris
11-12-2004, 02:38 AM

I will be buying a copy before the holidays and see if Halo 2 can do what its predecessor couldn't do. ;-)

If your second time around involves XBox Live (and maybe some friends on there as well), then I just might bet that it will. :lol:

Kris Kumar
11-12-2004, 03:10 AM

If your second time around involves XBox Live (and maybe some friends on there as well), then I just might bet that it will. :lol:

You know, the thing that held me back with Halo 1.0 was the lack of XBox Live support and the ability to play with my friends. Splitting the screen does not work well. You need a big TV and 5.1 surround sound system all to yourself to enjoy the game.

Halo 2.0 and XBox Live is a deadly combination. :drool:

encece
11-12-2004, 04:00 AM
I just walked in with my copy from CompUSA! I loved the first game and all games since have been no match......until now! And away I go! \o/

seaflipper
11-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Halo 2 just flat out rocks. It looks like they cut the graphics back just slightly which results in faster response with MasterChief, and probably they had to for Live.

Double guns... - sweet
New weapons - excellent

Being able to play with your friends (lag free so far) on Xbox Live and frag for hours on end - priceless...

Ben
11-12-2004, 06:22 AM
I picked up my copy at midnight and skipped work on Tuesday to play all day . . . :)

The game really is the finest multiplayer experience ever. Now, when will Microsoft incorporate the Halo 2 engine into the Windows Mobile OS? :D

Mike Temporale
11-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Given the standard delay in getting software released for other platforms, I would be happy to get Halo1 on WM. :-)

Beowulf
11-12-2004, 03:59 PM
I basically bought my XBox for Halo 1.0. The numerous Halo parities I've had with friends have been priceless. I've rigged Halo 1.0 to play online through the gamespy network tunnel, which is buggy, but fun as hell. I haven't had time to buy and play Halo 2 yet, but its on the schedule for this weekend. :)