View Full Version : Samsung Case Problems & Samsung Customer Service Disconnect

kaps
11-08-2004, 06:05 PM
The Samsung case I got with my i600 last year gave out in four months, Velcro wore out. I called Samsung and was told that accessory is only warrantee for 90 days, so I bought another one. The replacement only lasted 75 days (same Velcro issue) and Samsung replaced that. 75 days later the third phone began to have the same Velcro issue and then the fun began.

I called Samsung regarding the final failure and explained the problem and my conversation with Samsung's support rep lasted 40 minutes at which time she told me that I needed to talk to another group ( :x ), so I started over and spent another 30 minutes to replace the case & a dead battery. I was told that I needed to box these two units separately and send them to Plano Texas.

I did that and the bad battery was returned to me in two weeks and the bad case returned to me in three weeks because I didn't include my dated receipt (remember the cases were all replaced by Samsung). They are now sending me new replacements but are requiring me to send the bad accessories to Plano again at my cost. BTW, I was never told to return my receipt with the original RMAs.

Now the question: Samsung says that I am the only user to complain about the Velcro failure. My problem is that the Velcro just stops securely keeping the case closed. The case has come open because of this problem a number of times sending my phone to the pavement.

Has your Samsung case had a Velcro failure?

Sorry for the long post but Samsung's customer service is really getting very challenged lately!!!

Karl

Mike Temporale
11-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Now the question: Samsung says that I am the only user to complain about the Velcro failure. My problem is that the Velcro just stops securely keeping the case closed. The case has come open because of this problem a number of times sending my phone to the pavement.

Don't believe them. I'm sure you are not the only person in North America that is having a problem with the velcro on their i600 case.

I don't have an i600, so I can't comment on the case. :wink:

Janak Parekh
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Honestly? I don't use the case at all. I just keep the phone directly in my pocket.

I wasn't really impressed with the bundled case... does anyone know if 3rd parties make a case for the i600?

--janak

kaps
11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I haven't seen any holster type i600 cases from the usual sources (Vaja, Corvetec).

Any leads would be appreciated.

Karl

maxnix
11-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Try EB cases. Love mine with its swivel. Or you can get it without the post if you prefer not to have the belt clip.

kaps
11-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks Maxnix but the EB Case is a slipper and I prefer a holster.

Karl

maxnix
08-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks Maxnix but the EB Case is a slipper and I prefer a holster.

Karl
Functions about the same and gives some protection in a drop.