View Full Version : How to stop hanging up on new calls

louden
11-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Does anyone have a problem with the SMT5600 hanging up on calls while the phone is in the holster? Whenever I reach to grab the phone for a call, the button to not answer gets pressed and any caller gets put into voice mail. Is there something I'm missing here? Even with the keylock on, incoming calls get routed to VM too easily.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bacco
11-08-2004, 08:54 PM
You're not alone Louden. I've experienced the same thing. However, I'm not sure it's a button issue as much as, possibly, the magnet used to keep the case shut.

Think about it, if the phone is locked, it's locked. Once you take it out of the holster, it's still locked even though you've missed the call.

The only other possibility is that the magnet affects the signal somehow.

I leave it ot some of the more knowledgeable posters here to offer their thoughts.

Mike Temporale
11-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Well, the keys can be locked, but you can still use them if there is an incoming call. When the phone rings, the Answer and Reject buttons become live. So it's possible that when you go to reach for the phone and pull it out of the holster, the Reject (hangup) key gets pressed.

Just my guess.

Bacco
11-08-2004, 10:07 PM
That's true, but to a certain extent. To the best of my knowledge, the soft keys are enabled for accepting or rejecting the incoming call.

When attempting to remove my phone from it's holster, I make every effort to never go near the soft keys. I actually push the phone from the bottom front openning in the holster. Yet sometimes I am able to pickup the call, while at other times I miss it.

It just happend to me again, but this time I didn't even have a chance to reach for the phone. So I can't say that I pressed a button in error to reject the call. It has to be something other than pressing a wrong button.

With all the things I'd love to change on this phone, it's still the best phone I've ever had and I can never see myself going back to a traditional phone that is not a smart phone.

But hey, it's only one man's opinion.