View Full Version : Canada has a New Wireless Provider: Primus

Mike Temporale
11-06-2004, 04:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.primus.ca/en/residential/cellular/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.primus.ca/en/residential/cellular/index.html</a><br /><br /></div>Canada has a new wireless provider to pick up where Fido left off. Primus Canada is now offering wireless services. Overall their packages are pretty reasonable, especially their long distances rates. However the data rate is one of the worst I've seen. You have 2 choices, 1MB, or 2MB, and they cost $6, and $10 respectively. Currently they have 3 phones listed, and none of them are Windows Mobile-based. :( The network doesn't appear to have the best coverage around, but they are starting out. We'll have to keep an eye on Primus and see how things go.<br /><br />It's great to see new companies entering the wireless market in Canada. I wish Primus would have done this before the Fido takeover. Regardless, it's good to know that Canadians will still have a choice.

Jason Dunn
11-06-2004, 05:43 PM
That's interesting about their coverage maps - I was thinking intially that they were just re-branding another network and sub-leasing it, but perhaps not. They're really trying to build out their own network? Audacious! 8O

Mike Temporale
11-07-2004, 03:24 AM
That's what I thought at first too, but their coverage is less than Fido's! And nobody has less coverage than Fido in Canada.

I have a friend who works at Primus, and I'll bug him for the full details next time I catch him online. :)

Mike Temporale
11-09-2004, 04:15 PM
I just finished chatting with my friend at Primus. Turns out they are just reselling the Fido network. This concerns me a little, since the primus coverage map looks smaller than fido's! Hopefully that's not the case. :)

Jason Dunn
11-09-2004, 05:43 PM
I just finished chatting with my friend at Primus. Turns out they are just reselling the Fido network. This concerns me a little, since the primus coverage map looks smaller than fido's! Hopefully that's not the case. :)

&lt;sigh> Figures! :roll: