View Full Version : Scrolling appointment plug-in for your home screen

sullivanpt
11-04-2004, 09:23 AM
By popular demand, add a rotating appointment display to your home screen!

This happy software developer just purchased his first Windows Mobile Smartphone, and he's celebrating by offering a new Home Screen Plug-In.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&productId=143377
(edited 11/24/2004 to point to v1.9)

Suggestions and comments are welcome!

Thanks,
Patrick

A very happy new Mpx220 owner. :fadein:

Mike Temporale
11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Sounds pretty cool. I would try and add a animated GIF, so people can see it in action. Otherwise, looks really nice. 8)

mrwickham
11-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Is is possible to turn off the auto rotate function? This is the plugin I've been looking for, just don't need anymore distraction. Thanks

sullivanpt
11-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Hee hee! I spend days adding an auto rotate function, overcoming issues with timers, battery life, unintuitive interface, and ... you want me to turn it off? I think I might cry :cry:

But seriously, it shoudl be easy to add an option to turn off the auto-rotate. I'll work on that this weekend.

Thank you for your suggestion!

(P.S. I'll try and improve the GIF too, but with my art skills, that may take a wee bit longer :D ).

mrwickham
11-05-2004, 04:06 AM
:( Didn't mean to make you cry. Murphy's Law I'm afraid. Whatever you create some idiot will want the opposite (ie. me) and it's not like I even know how difficult or easy the task is! I'm just old school. Keep it simple. That's why I like your plugin. Do one task and do it well. Thanks so much for the consideration. I look forward to seeing what you achieve. Wee bit longer - haven't heard that in years :)

sullivanpt
11-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I added the option to turn off auto-rotate, as requested :) as well as fixed a laundry list of issues.

The link in the first post now points to updated v1.1 product.

Thanks for your support!

Patrick

Mike Temporale
11-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Cool. You sure are accomidating. :wink:

(P.S. I'll try and improve the GIF too, but with my art skills, that may take a wee bit longer :D ).

Just grab a tool like SmartSS (http://www.louterrailloune.com/index.php?page=smartss) and capture a bunch of homescreens showing this app working. Then grab a free tool like the Gif Animator that comes with Paint Shop Pro, and put them together. Just make sure the final version isn't too big (file size). :)

sullivanpt
11-12-2004, 01:18 AM
I'm hoping I've fixed most of the memory issues introduced with version 1.1. (So far so good).

If you previously downloaded and are using versions 1.0 to 1.3 please download the update. Your Smartphone will become much more stable. (Ouch!) -- Paid users should already have received the update via e-mail.

The link above now points to version 1.4 of the product.

sullivanpt
11-24-2004, 11:11 PM
The scrolling appointment plug-in is now at version 1.9.

(Paid supporters should already have received this update via e-mail).

The significant change being the addition of full layout control for the time, date, subject and location of events and appointments.

Please don't :P - me, I still haven't updated the graphic! :)