View Full Version : PHM Registry Editor

Kris Kumar
10-29-2004, 04:58 PM
This another weird one.

I start PHM Registry Editor, few seconds into using the app, the app shuts down. Gives no indication. The phone returrns to home screen and task manager does not show the app as running.

Anyone else seeing this PHM Registry Editor issue.

Mike Temporale
10-29-2004, 06:10 PM
I've had that happen too. I think it's just PHM. In the end, I uninstalled the app. Later, when I needed it again, I reinstalled, and it's been fine ever since.

Kris Kumar
10-29-2004, 06:33 PM
I've had that happen too. I think it's just PHM. In the end, I uninstalled the app. Later, when I needed it again, I reinstalled, and it's been fine ever since.

Hmm interesting. I had never seen it on MPx200 and on my Red-E.

I shall try it out tonite. Thanks

Jerry Raia
10-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I have had that happen with PHM as well. It also has happened with Power Calendar and Power tasks. With all of these it doesnt happen all the time.

Kris Kumar
10-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks Mike...it worked.

Uninstalled and Re-installed the App. Now it is working as if there was never a problem. :? But not complaining. Its working. :-)

Kris Kumar
10-31-2004, 02:04 AM
It's stopped working. Till the time I edited a registry value, the app was working. The moment I edited a value, the application would start disappearing again.

I un-installed and installed, it started working. Then again I edited a value. And it stopped working again.

Jerry Raia
10-31-2004, 02:13 AM
Exactly what I have had happen. I dont think its any activity though, I think if its going to quit it just does so with time. Try starting it and doing nothing.

Kris Kumar
10-31-2004, 02:28 AM
Exactly what I have had happen. I dont think its any activity though, I think if its going to quit it just does so with time. Try starting it and doing nothing.

The second time (actually third time) I reinstalled, I just browsed the tree without editing for almost 5 mins. But the moment I made the first change and restarted the app. It started acting up. :-)

But it could be that over time that it starts doing it. Which is really odd. I am sure I have tried rebooting the phone, that hasn't helped.

Jerry Raia
10-31-2004, 02:40 AM
Which hive were you in?

Kris Kumar
10-31-2004, 03:24 AM
Which hive were you in?

Primarily...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

Also for the same path under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Also the checking under following but no editing..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft

Jerry Raia
10-31-2004, 03:47 AM
Primarily...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

I also noticed it crashing more in that hive as well. However it would crash just sitting there after starting up sometimes so now I am really puzzled.

:confused totally: