View Full Version : Microsoft Photo Story 3 Now Released

Jason Dunn
10-27-2004, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Bring life into your favorite memories with Photo Story 3 for Windows® by adding motion, effects, music, and more to your digital photos. Easily retouch your images with a single click and add slick-looking titles, or add dramatic pans and zooms that give your creations a professional finish, create a soundtrack—even record narration. Then enjoy the show. Start sharing your stories today!"</i><br /><br />Ding ding ding, come and get it! :D Photo Story 3 is now released, and it's free, which is fantastic! Interestingly enough, if you have a haxx0red version of Windows XP (i.e.: one that hasn't been activated with Microsoft), you can't install the software. I can't wait to install it - I really liked using previous versions of Photo Story. They have export templates for Pocket PCs and Smartphones, so give it a go!

Mike Temporale
10-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Ding ding ding, come and get it! :D Photo Story 3 is now released, and it's free

F R E E ! 8O Cool. 8) Version 2 was amazing, I can't wait to install this and try out all the new features.

Jason Dunn
10-28-2004, 01:47 AM
&lt;sigh> I thought for sure it would work with my C500, but I only got audio, no video when I tried. Plus, the video bit rate says it's 1 kbps...what??? 8O

ppcsurfr
10-28-2004, 05:44 PM
&lt;sigh> I thought for sure it would work with my C500, but I only got audio, no video when I tried. Plus, the video bit rate says it's 1 kbps...what??? 8O

It uses the WMV 9.1 Image codec...

Run it through WMEncoder 9 and you can play it in your C500...

Carlo

Jason Dunn
10-28-2004, 06:56 PM
It uses the WMV 9.1 Image codec...

Yeah, the 9 Series Photo codec - which should be in the Smartphone client, because it's in the Pocket PC client. But it seems perhaps they didn't include that codec?

kagayaki1
10-29-2004, 02:03 AM
For what it's worth, I even had the same problem on my Audiovox 5600 w/WM10 - audio, but no video.

Jason Dunn
10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
For what it's worth, I even had the same problem on my Audiovox 5600 w/WM10 - audio, but no video.

Ok, THAT's strange. I found out the reason why it's not working on my C500: Photo Story 3 uses the Windows Media 9 Image Version 2 codec, which is a new codec not included in WMP9....but it should work for you with WMP10. :?

Mike Temporale
10-30-2004, 03:08 AM
PhotoStory 3 ROCKS! The Create Music feature is amazing. I've been working on a story since the end of summer, but I couldn't find the right summer cottage music. PS3 makes that easy, and it's automatically the right length too!

I'm really enjoying this. :D

Kris Kumar
10-30-2004, 06:03 PM
I love this application. It's Free.

Too bad they have an option for making Smartphone compatible video. But is not compatible with the phone. It didn't work (audio yes, video blank) with my MPx220. :-(

So will we have to wait for MS to issue a fix? Or can we download the codec separately?

Jason Dunn
10-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Too bad they have an option for making Smartphone compatible video. But is not compatible with the phone. It didn't work (audio yes, video blank) with my MPx220. :-( So will we have to wait for MS to issue a fix? Or can we download the codec separately?

The "fix" is WMP10 for the Smartphone...I can't explain why current WMP10 owners can't play back the content though, that's what's really strange.