View Full Version : I am not able to sync my SMT on my home computer

casey.stark
10-26-2004, 08:52 PM
I really need some help. We cannot sync our new SMT 5600 to either one of our home computers. We have gone through tech help at AudioVox and they advised us to get another Smartphone in case the first one was defective. We did and the new one won't sync up either.
We both have Windows XP, MS ServicePak 2, use a wireless 80211g router for DSL, have Noton Internet Security and firewall protection...any thoughts? This is supposed to be easy! Thank you so much. :?:

Mike Temporale
10-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Turn off ALL your firewall software. Turn off Norton Internet Security, and Windows XP SP2 Firewall. Then try and sync. If it works, your firewall is blocking the connection.

This is the best place to start. Let us know how that works out.

casey.stark
10-27-2004, 02:18 AM
Thanks, we'll close it down and give it a try. However, before we do...if it is the firewall, does this mean it will always block it? So we will need to disable it each time we want to sync our phone?

Mike Temporale
10-27-2004, 03:30 AM
No, you just tell the firewall to premit ActiveSync to connect.

Make sure you get Norton turned off. It can be tricky.

casey.stark
10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!! It worked! Thanks!!!!!1 :D

Mike Temporale
10-28-2004, 02:58 PM
:lol: :lol: I'm no hero.

Unless you really feel the need, 1 firewall program should to the trick. Choose which one you want to use, and then turn it on. You're going to have to tell it that ActiveSync and Connection Manager are allowed to access. (add those to the exception list) Once you've done that, you should be up and running with your firewall. :)

Kris Kumar
10-28-2004, 03:04 PM
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!! It worked! Thanks!!!!!1 :D

Nobody has called me that, not even my would be. :cry:

:lol: