View Full Version : AT&T Audiovox 5600 Not Displaying the Correct Network Name

alenzini
10-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi,

When I roam on Cingular my 5600 displays the network ID number and not the name. My Nokia 6620 with the same SIM would show Cingular. I know that some people say they see Cingular, but it depends on the ID.

Why would my Noika display Cingular with the same SIM? Isn't the mapping on the SIM? Is there something that can be changed in the registry?

Thanks,

Andy

Mike Temporale
10-26-2004, 06:51 PM
That's a very good question. On one Smartphone my provider shows up as Fido, on another it shows up as Microcell (the parent company of Fido). It would be interesting to know why this happens.

aristoBrat
10-26-2004, 07:02 PM
My last WM Smartphone (SPV e100) would show T-Mobile if I was using the Orange ROM. When I used the iMATE and qtek ROMs it always showed VoiceStream. Same SIM used with all three ROMs, so I guess it's something in the ROM itself...

alenzini
10-27-2004, 12:27 AM
For those who this bothers enough to change it, you can override it in the registry:

<characteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RIL\OperatorNames"><parm name="310410" value="Cingular" datatype="string" />

Since you are in the registry anyway, you may as well change the activesync name:

</characteristic><characteristic type="HKLM\Ident"><parm name="Name" value="Audiovox5600" datatype="string" />

I turned the phone on and off, not sure if you need to or not, but it did work.

Andy

promano
09-10-2006, 01:39 AM

Every time you update the registry, you will need to reboot the phone.

Jerry Raia
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM

Every time you update the registry, you will need to reboot the phone.

Not necessarily for every change. I have made changes that took effect immediately. For example changing the built-in email and text message account names to my domain and SMS respectively took effect at once.

Of course it doesn't hurt to reboot. :)