View Full Version : Have a new Cingular branded MPX220 & I love it.

dannor
10-26-2004, 01:21 AM
I just picked up @ a week ago a Cingular branded MPX220. It was down to the Mpx220 and the Sony-Erricson s700i. 1st off, lemme say this is my 1st smartphone and I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't really found the volume to low (used it on the 6th and 36th in NYC, a pretty busy street!). Ok, the camera is bad compared to a Sony Erricson S700i, but then most Moto cams haven't been all that great. I came from a v400 and then a v600. Overall I have to say the Moto Mpx220is a great phone. Using Xpress mail I can get to my email at work while not sitting at my desk. Accept meeting requests, respond to emails, all that good stuff. I wish it had a metal body like the v600, it just felt better that the plastic body. Bluetooth is solid, however voice commands will not work over bluetooth <sigh> guess you can't have everything...

I do however have a couple of questions.

1. Has anybody gotten MMS to work? I can get mms if I set my connect via to Internet, but not mms or wap (PDA passthrough). No matter what setting I try it will not send. Oh, BTW: Here are the mms settings

URL
http://mmsc.cingular.com

WAP Gateway

Port

Max Sending Size

2. Does anybody know if the phone has Bluetooth Printer profile or Hard Copy replacement profile? I want to pick up the Belkin bluetooth adapter and want to know if anybody has had success printing. I use xpress mail alot to sync my Outlook at work. Printing a quick email or two would be nice from the phone w/o having to fire up the 'ol laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Dan

Michael95GT
10-27-2004, 10:58 AM
I've had my x220 since last Wednesday, and I must say I love it :D :D Everything has worked fine straight out of the box(MMS,SMS,WAP,etc), well that is up until yesterday when it just stopped sending MMS, and I would get the following Alert:

ERROR
"Unable to connect. Verify your dialup or proxie settings are correct, and try again."

At first I thought it was a network problem, then I put my SIM back in my V600 and MMS worked fine. Long story short, I did a "Master Reset" and everything is running fine again!!! :roll: :? :D

Guess that's just part of living with MICROSOFT, be it a PC or a phone. :twisted:

I STILL LOVE THE PHONE!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

besiktas
10-28-2004, 10:33 PM
did you guys get the phones from cingular stores or from best buy ? because as I heard cingular didn't start selling mpx220 , and they won't start until mid-November...

HalM
10-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Got my MPx220 Tuesday. It basically took all day Wednesday to get the phone and Internet working properly. Best Buy had no clue what they are selling or how to set it up. And it is too new for Cingular to properly support it.

That said, it is a terrific phone. I gave up an AT&T Blackberry and don't miss a thing. Took a while to figure out how to synch with Outlook / Exchange Server but that too was resolved. If my wife had not just gotten a LG 6000 with Verizon, we would probably get a second MPx220.