View Full Version : New Audiovox SMT5600 user

Danborg
10-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a new Audiovox SMT5600 user, having upgraded from an MPX200. I've been very pleased with the phone overall, and it is definately a big improvement over my previous phone.

A few questions:

1. I don't want to create a "theme", I just want my corporate logo on the background. What size graphic do I need without distorting the logo? The screen is 176 x 220 according to the specs, so should my background graphic be the same size? Or do I have to allow room for the [Start] and [Contacts] buttons that permanently reside at the bottom? Does it have to be a 256 color graphic? Or will it handle more?

2. How do I get rid of the mMode icon at the upper left, as well as the "Sports, News...etc" links at the bottom? The other built in themes get rid of too much, it seems. Most themes I've found online seem to be for SM 2002, or SM 2003, but not Second Edition.

3. Picture Caller ID does not show my assigned picture for the caller when I have my bluetooth headset (HS810) activated. Works fine otherwise. I assume this is a bug/feature?

Thanks in advance,
Danborg

jfreiman
10-25-2004, 01:21 AM
2. How do I get rid of the mMode icon at the upper left, as well as the "Sports, News...etc" links at the bottom? The other built in themes get rid of too much, it seems. Most themes I've found online seem to be for SM 2002, or SM 2003, but not Second Edition.

Well, I'm new to the SMT5600 as well, but I have located a few built-in Home Screens.

The one I like is the Windows Default. It does not include the data you refer to.

For me it is a good balance of information and asthetics.

You can get to the Home Screen section by hitting Start => Settings => Home Screen.

Mike Temporale
10-25-2004, 04:16 AM
1. I don't want to create a "theme", I just want my corporate logo on the background. What size graphic do I need without distorting the logo? The screen is 176 x 220 according to the specs, so should my background graphic be the same size? Or do I have to allow room for the [Start] and [Contacts] buttons that permanently reside at the bottom? Does it have to be a 256 color graphic? Or will it handle more?

The 176x220 includes the top and bottom menu bars. So you'll have to allow some extra space around your image. Unless you want it covered by those menu bars.

The colour depth should be listed in your manual too. Some phones do 60K while others aren't so high. I'm not sure what the new SMT5600 supports.

To remove it from an existing theme, you're going to have to edit the theme. Which means some XML work. If you find a theme you like, it should work just fine on your SE device. Don't worry about 2002 vs 2003 for themes.

3. Picture Caller ID does not show my assigned picture for the caller when I have my bluetooth headset (HS810) activated. Works fine otherwise. I assume this is a bug/feature?

I'm not sure, but I think this is by design. If you're running handsfree, should you really be picking up the phone to look at the caller ID label? Usually there is a reason why you are on handsfree...