View Full Version : T-Mobile USA??

me
10-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Any news about T-Mobile USA releasing a smartphone? Any announcements?

They are sure are behind in that area, almost every other carrier has a smartphone, especially ATTW-Cingular, just none for T-Mo USA. (Although T-Mo Europe has smartphones).

I'd suggest that other T-Mo USA users write to T-Mobile (from their web site) and complain about this, as I did.

Mike Temporale
10-23-2004, 03:16 AM
No announcements that I have heard. But stay tuned. They launched a new Smartphone in Germany, and I would expect them to bring it to North America.

me
10-24-2004, 10:59 PM
No announcements that I have heard. But stay tuned. They launched a new Smartphone in Germany, and I would expect them to bring it to North America.

Do they usually bring the same phones to the USA that they have in Europe? From what I have read, the T-Mo USA is pretty independent of its parent company in Europe.

Not only is T-Mo USA behind in MS Smartphones, but in new innovative phones in general.

I just saw a notice in another site that the Motorola A630 (not an MS Smartphone, but looks like it has some great features) (see picture and description at http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/products/A630.html, is about to come out, and that Amazon.com was already advertising it (pre-order) for both T-Mobile and Cingular. I looked on Amazon, and only found it listed for Cingular, where it seems all the new phones go these days. (I wonder if T-Mo pulled out at the last minute, or if Cingular paid Motorola to pull it from T-Mobile?)

It seems like all the innovative new phones are coming out on ATTW/Cingular these days, nothing on T-Mobile USA.