View Full Version : Audiovox SMT 5600 - Anybody else getting inerference?

dkackman
10-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Just got the SMT and I'm really liking it a lot.

I'm seeing one issue though: it produces noticeable interfernece with some of my desktop computer equipment.

Every 10 or fifteen minutes, if my phone is within a foot or two of my desktop computer I will see interference on my CRT monitor (brief loss of vertical sync). If my speakers are on I will also they will produces clicking sounds at the same time.

Anybody else seeing this level of interference?

don

aristoBrat
10-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I get the clicking on my computer speakers -- never had it mess w/ the monitor though. FWIW, this happens when any GSM-based phone is around them (Nokia, Moto, etc).

dkackman
10-22-2004, 09:45 PM
My last phone was CDMA and I'd never seen something like that. If this is par for the course for GSM, I'll get over it as it's not that big a deal.

I just wanted to make sure that it's not just my phone.

Thanks for the reply.

jfreiman
10-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Nope, I use my phone near and/or next to my computer all the time and have not had this problem.

However, I've never had this problem with my previous Nokias or Sony Ericsson (GSM) phones.

Danborg
10-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Just got the SMT and I'm really liking it a lot.

I'm seeing one issue though: it produces noticeable interfernece with some of my desktop computer equipment.

Every 10 or fifteen minutes, if my phone is within a foot or two of my desktop computer I will see interference on my CRT monitor (brief loss of vertical sync). If my speakers are on I will also they will produces clicking sounds at the same time.

Anybody else seeing this level of interference?

don

Yes, I'm experiencing this problem also. Seems worse when the phone is seeking the tower, or switching over to a new tower. (This is exacerbated by the fact that my home office is right on the boundry of two towers. Which one I hit literally depends on if I sit the phone on the left or right side of my desk.)

What I do now when I'm home is forward my phone to my land line and then turn the radio off (airplane mode), but the phone is still on and sync'ed for pda purposes.

-Danborg
Audiovox SMT5600 owner

revolution.cx
10-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Same happens with my E100 (a previous generation Smartphone).

dkackman
10-27-2004, 01:33 AM
Sounds like that's just the way it is then. :(