View Full Version : How do you manage your Smartphone and PDA

sojourner753
10-22-2004, 05:20 AM
I currently own a HP2200 and just bought the Audiovox SMT5600. Its charging as I type.

Right now I sync my PDA with my laptop through a USB port.
At work I do the same thing but I use Intellisync because I only filter certain categories to my Work computer. However, I would have to buy another Pumatech product for the Smartphone. Plus I don't want to have to full around with multiple cables at work.

My question is about both your work process and home.

At home the easiest thing would be to buy a USB hub to get more USB ports.
This way I get continuous sync and I only have to grab and go.

But for work, if I don't have my Smartphone hooked up to the work computer, its data can become outdated during the day.

So, taking all this ( 8O ) into consideration, how do you do your thing?
When do you use your smartphone vs your pda?
etc 8O

thanks

Mike Temporale
10-22-2004, 11:08 AM
One thing to note, you can't sync both devices at the same time. They both can sync with the same computer, you just can't have them both plugged in at the same time.

I sync my PPC over Bluetooth, and the charger sits at my bed side. My SP doesn't have Bluetooth, yet. So I carry a Sync & Charge cable with me.

My situation is different than yours. I'm an independant consultant, so my home machine is my work machine. Laptops rock! :D

spinedoc
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Similar to Mike here. My PocketPC gets synced via wifi, and my smartphone via a mini sync cable. I can also sync my smartphone over the Sprint network if I am away from my main PC.

Only problem so far is that the add/remove programs list seems to be shared.

sojourner753
10-24-2004, 11:59 PM
thanks for the reply.

Its too bad that I can't sync my PDA and Smartphone directly.

During the course of a work day, my smartphone will become outdated since the sync at home.

The alternative is to buy Intellisync and have cables for both at work.