View Full Version : SMT 600 Character Sets?

Rick Stenson
10-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Does anyone have a character typing giude for the SMT 600? I am having a hard time figuring out how to type certain characters. For example @ or _ both of which i need for setting up my phone.

Any layman commentary on the different typing options would be welcome:

abc
ABC
t9
T9

Mike Temporale
10-22-2004, 01:53 AM
I think you're asking about the SMT5600. :wink:

The @ can usually be found under the 1 key. The _ is a harder one, I would look under 0 or #.

Rick Stenson
10-22-2004, 02:50 AM
I think you're asking about the SMT5600. :wink:

The @ can usually be found under the 1 key. The _ is a harder one, I would look under 0 or #.

You are correct. Typo on my part.

The @ sign is not under any key that I can find. Driving me nuts.

Mike Temporale
10-22-2004, 04:06 AM
In T9 mode, press and hold the # key. It will be the second one on the top row.

In ABC mode it's under the 1 key about 7 taps in.

Note: I don't have this phone, or any phone running WM2003SE. There has been changes to T9 under SE, so this might not be 100% the same.

aristoBrat
10-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Another way is to press and hold the * key.

It will pop up this menu:

1 Symbols
2 123
3 Abc
4 T9 English
5 T9 Languages

Rick, there's a LOT in Windows Mobile that's not intuitive. Once you know these tricks, it really makes the phone a lot more awesome. When you get a chance, go thru the phone manual. A lot of it will be "duh, I knew that", but there's a lot of other stuff in there you'll be new and not-so-obvious.

Rick Stenson
10-23-2004, 07:53 PM
What I actualy found is that if you press and hold the # key a menu of symbols will pop up and give me all the choices I need.

Thanks for you feedback.

Another way is to press and hold the * key.

It will pop up this menu:

1 Symbols
2 123
3 Abc
4 T9 English
5 T9 Languages

Rick, there's a LOT in Windows Mobile that's not intuitive. Once you know these tricks, it really makes the phone a lot more awesome. When you get a chance, go thru the phone manual. A lot of it will be "duh, I knew that", but there's a lot of other stuff in there you'll be new and not-so-obvious.