View Full Version : got the mpx220! its great but......

Myke
10-11-2004, 12:37 AM
fantastic phone, great features, very very fast, runs smoothly, the only problem is everyone i talk to using the phone says i sound really quiet and muffled. On top of that, the max volume for the headset is very, very quiet, sometimes so hard to hear someone in a car you need to set it to speakerphone. So its a great, phone, hottest looking phone ive ever seen, runs very fast, great features, but when it comes to being a phone, noone can hear you and you cant hear anyone..

My friend got the phone as well and he's having the same problems.

Motorolla.. don't forget youre making phones :?

me
10-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Wow! I had been really looking forward to the MPX220, hoping it would come out sometime on my carrier (T-Mobile USA), etc. Now, from reviews like this I have read, I don't know if I would get one were it available on TM, even at a good price.

No matter what "smart" features a phone has, as Myke says, the most important features a phone is its use as a phone, much more important than camera, PDA, etc. If it cannot get decent incoming and outcoming volume, that is a serious defect for a phone, regardless of what other features it has. And I've read about that problem in more places than this post.

In trying to add all the "sexy new features" to sell a phone with, are manufacturers forgetting the basics of a phone, such as sound quality, reception, etc.?

fantastic phone, great features, very very fast, runs smoothly, the only problem is everyone i talk to using the phone says i sound really quiet and muffled. On top of that, the max volume for the headset is very, very quiet, sometimes so hard to hear someone in a car you need to set it to speakerphone. So its a great, phone, hottest looking phone ive ever seen, runs very fast, great features, but when it comes to being a phone, noone can hear you and you cant hear anyone..

My friend got the phone as well and he's having the same problems.

Motorolla.. don't forget youre making phones :?