View Full Version : WAV Files for Ringtones

dollardr
10-10-2004, 08:46 PM
I've copied some wav files to the windows directory on a Samsung i600 running 2003. If I turn the device off they are removed. Short of using a memory card, is there another place to put them? (Can't seem to find my memory card).

Also, does anyonoe know where I can find the Fox NFL ticker sound when they update the scores of other games??

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
10-11-2004, 02:05 AM
I've copied some wav files to the windows directory on a Samsung i600 running 2003. If I turn the device off they are removed. Short of using a memory card, is there another place to put them? (Can't seem to find my memory card).

Anything you place in the windows folder will be removed when you recycle the phone. Other than the SD card, I would try \Storage\Application Data\Sounds - this is the spot you should be placing your ringtones.

Also, does anyonoe know where I can find the Fox NFL ticker sound when they update the scores of other games??

Thanks.

No idea. I don't watch Fox NFL, so I don't even know what it sounds like. I would try a google search. Google knows everything. :mrgreen:

dollardr
10-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks Mike - I knew there was another location but couldn't recall the location. I have moved the files but notice the wav files aren't available for SMS, New E-Mail etc.. Not a big deal, just curious if they should be. They are available as a ringtone. Thanks again.

The Fox sound wave I am looking for would make for a good SMS or E-Mail alert - not obnoxious but enough to pay attention.