View Full Version : Getting Caller ID pics from PC to Smartphone

dangc
09-27-2004, 05:08 AM
Hi guys,
I just bought an Mpx-200. It's great, but i have one problem: When I tried to send a picture to the phone to use as caller ID, it was too big. So I'm wondering, is there some optimal size setting that you should use when transferring pictures? Maybe there's a software program to shrink them down?
Also, what is the correct way to send pics to the phone? I've just been 'exploring' the phone directory on Windows and dragging pics into it.

thanks,
tech newbie

Mike Temporale
09-27-2004, 11:05 AM
what software are you using for caller id? Some software provides the tools, while others don't.

dangc
09-28-2004, 01:29 AM
I am using the Caller ID function that comes with Smartphone 2002. But don't I need to edit a full size picture (ie, shrink it) before I send it to the camera? Is there an optimal size?

-dc

Mike Temporale
09-28-2004, 01:47 AM
2002 (and 2003) doesn't come with a picture caller ID feature. It may have been added by your manufacturer. What type of phone is it?

There are a number of different caller id applications. The one I used came with tools to resize and send pictures to the phone. If you can't find the website for the application, I would resize to something like 100x100. I would guess that the software wouldn't need anything bigger than that.

Mpx220user
10-17-2004, 12:35 AM
whats a good program out there that can fix this issue with the picture caller ID?

Thanks
Cheers

rabisdogis
11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
download Nokia PC Suite and use its picture editor. It works great!