View Full Version : Orange SPV C500 and Mac OSX - problem

michaelgoulden
09-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi,

I have just bought the SPV C500 from Orange and bought the software pocketmac phone edition, so that I can sync to my mac (ical, addressbook etc).

The problem is simple, the bluetooth option doesn't work and when syncing over USB the addressbook syncs fine, but the calendar does not sync very well with ical (in fact there isn't an option to choose which calendards to sync.

The questions is: has anyone here succesfully set up their syncing to work?

Cheers,

Michael

uzumaki_79
11-22-2004, 02:55 AM
bluetooth took me a TON of fiddling with in order to eventually get it to work. all i can say is just make sure to make the two recognize each other, and then from the little pocket mac icon (on your powerbook) make sure that [connect via...] has bluetooth been selected.

then on your smart phone, softkey [start][#6 - active sync] softkey [menu] [#4 - connect via bluetooth].

wot type of error messages are ya getting?

i actually use ms entourage and mine doesn't sync calendars because i have such an old version (bleh).

lemme know how it works... cuz once it does you'll be muuuch happier.

uzumaki_79
11-22-2004, 03:05 AM
i just checked, synched my entourage calendar with iCal -- works fine with mine. definitely play with the preferences in pocketMac AND DON'T GIVE UP!! :twisted: