View Full Version : Smartphone Comparison Chart

Andy Sjostrom
09-03-2004, 09:19 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/comparison/smartphone.php' target='_blank'>http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/comparison/smartphone.php</a><br /><br /></div>Chris De Herrera has put together a very useful comparison chart of Smartphones 2002 and 2003. The chart is functional in that you can sort the table by each feature to more easily find the Smartphone of your preference.<br /><br />I went through the chart and ended up picking the SPV C500 (no surprise) as my best candidate! Version of platform, tri-band, CPU, RAM and weight were the features I weighed in. What about you?

Mike Temporale
09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
I know the C500 is small and light, but I didn't realize it was that light! I also didn't know that the i600 weights more than the Voq Pro, making it the heaviest Smartphone. 8O

I guess this is just showing shipping models, as there is no MPx220 on the list. I would like to see a comparion on the specs between that and the c500.

maximus
09-03-2004, 12:32 PM
I guess this is just showing shipping models, as there is no MPx220 on the list. I would like to see a comparion on the specs between that and the c500.

Same here. mpx220 will be the only quad band on that chart.

ben865
09-03-2004, 03:31 PM
I now have my MPx 220 and have also had a quick play with a C500.

I would choose the 220 over the C500.

The C500 is comprimised design in my opinion. The screen is large but the keys are small - the directional 'rocker' is terrible; I couldn't use it without hitting the buttons either side. The flip or clam is the only way to go to get big screen with big keys in a compact overall package.

Mr.Phil
09-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Perhaps I am a bit biased as I own one, but I have to say the Sierra Voq phone works for me. Sure the no-bluetooth, mildly larger dimensions are not great, but the keypad and VoqMail option is everything on this phone. The timely Voqmail delivery matched with easy typing means extensive reply emails with non-T9 jargon are easy. T9 is no longer good enough for me, I don't think I can go back. Similar to when I moved from the earlier Ipaqs to the HP 4350 with built in keypad.

Mike Temporale
09-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Mr. Phil, I'm not knocking the Voq. I'm just a little surprised that the i600 is heavier. I've held the Voq in my hand, and the phone feels well balanced, and comfortable. No question. I full agree with your comments, the Voq has some killer features.

Kris Kumar
09-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Someday I hope to see my ideal phone on the comparison list. :-)

My dream phone has features similar to the MPx220: Quad band, Clam shell, BT, WM2003 SE and it will have the C500 type faster memory. And NO camera! That is my dream phone. :-) I don't think its far fetched but why can't the manufacturers launch phones without a camera.