View Full Version : ActiveSync Partnership

SimonTx
08-31-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm having some problems to create a new partnership with ActiveSync 3.71, I tried to delete the old one and/or re-install the software but for some reason in both situations at the first syncronization it aways find the old partnership and uses this profile.
Any help?

Kris Kumar
09-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Strange! Deleting profiles does not work?

One way would be to change the ActiveSync partnership name on the Phone itself. It is stored in the registry some place (will look it up). Usually it is "Smartphone" or is configured via the ActiveSync client. And this is the name that is used to pair the device with the Sync client. Changing it to "SimonSP" or "MySmartphone" will break the pairing and force ActiveSync to create a new partnership.

SimonTx
09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I'll try this way, I think also is something on the phone itself.

thank you.

Mike Temporale
09-01-2004, 03:59 PM
ARe you trying to setup a new partnership using the same name as before? For this to work, you have to physically remove the profile found under C:\Documents and Settings\<AccountName>\Application Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles As well, you have to remove it from your computers registry. I found that it's listed in many different places, however the main location is HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners

You'll find a number of elements under Partners, each element has a unique name consisting of numbers and letters. You'll have to look inside each one at the value "DisplayName" to see which partnership is the one to remove.

Just a warning, you should back up the registry before you make any changes. As well, this is not recommended. The best course of action is to create a new partnership using a new name.

SimonTx
09-02-2004, 01:54 PM
The problem is that I can't include aditional programs to sync the PC and the smartphone using Microsoft ActiveSync 3.71, when I connect the phone and the ActiveSync starts all I can see to sync is: Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Inbox, I'm trying to include some bookmarks that I'm using on Internet Explorer under a folder called Mobile Favorites that was created when I installed ActiveSync, I'm shure the problem is the partnership and to find where PC and/or smartphone are keeping the old name to delete it.