View Full Version : Sunnysoft Wants Your Input On MailCenter's Upgrade

Mike Temporale
08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.sunnysoft.com/en_clanek.php?clanekid=136' target='_blank'>http://www.sunnysoft.com/en_clanek.php?clanekid=136</a><br /><br /></div>Sunnysoft MailCenter embraces and extends the built-in mailbox on Smartphone 2002 devices, allowing for features such as multiple accounts. Something that just wasn't possible under 2002. (You can download a copy from our <a href="http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=225">affiliate store.</a>)<br /><br />On the Sunnysoft web site, they are asking for your feedback on MailCenter as they are getting ready to start working on an upgrade to this application. If you're a Sunnysoft MailCenter user, please drop by their website, and share you're thoughts on what changes you would like to see in the future release.

John Cody
08-30-2004, 08:08 PM
NOTE: As per peter's latest email to me, there will not be a free bug-fix release to address any current bugs. Any bugs reported will probably be in the "upgrade", which peter says will be "cheap" for existing customers.

One feature I think would be essential for the new version is the ability to prevent Mail Center from making a connection to a remote server when I open an HTML-based email that includes an image link. This would prevent spammers from getting a "we have a live email address" confirmation :wink:

Also, I am experiancing a bug in the current version in which it doesn't display the body text for some of my "plain text" emails. Has anyone else experianced this bug?

Kris Kumar
08-31-2004, 04:53 AM
Also, I am experiancing a bug in the current version in which it doesn't display the body text for some of my "plain text" emails. Has anyone else experianced this bug?

I have seen that on my regular Pocket PC 2003 Inbox :)

Kris Kumar
08-31-2004, 04:55 AM
Hey Mike, thanks for posting this article. One of the thing on my list of things to do was to get hold of an app that will extend or enable me to access multiple email accounts on my current (but legacy) 2002 Smartphone.

Mike Temporale
08-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey Mike, thanks for posting this article. One of the thing on my list of things to do was to get hold of an app that will extend or enable me to access multiple email accounts on my current (but legacy) 2002 Smartphone.

Hey, no worries. Glad I could help. :D

TANKERx
08-31-2004, 02:32 PM
If Sunnysoft could make their mail centre to have the same features as the Series60 or even the by now ancient 9210's messaging application, I would be a happier man and may even consider using it on a long term basis. When I installed their demo version, it just seemed like more of what was already there with none of the features I'd grown to expect on a Mobile device before I tried Microsoft.

John Cody
01-24-2005, 03:57 PM
More bad news...

Ever since I purchased Mailcenter 1.0 back in 11/2003, I have noticed a bug in which I was unable to read any part of the body for certain messages. I reported this bug multiple times to Peter at sunnysoft for almost a year before he finally responded that he was unable to reproduce the problem :cry:

Recently, I found out a way to 100% reproduce the problem, and I sent Peter an email with instructions to reproduce the problem so he could see it for himself, and can fix it...

However, besides the fact that sunnysoft has NOT updated the app in over a year, it looks like it will be at least another year before they will even consider looking into an update by this response I just received from Peter:

Hello John,

Thank you for the excellent help. Curretly we have no programers free that
could be working on Mailcenter that is why no corrections can be done right
now. We will be making a new version of Mailcenter mayby in q4 2005 but till
then all developers are busy.

Best regards,

Peter Klekner
Sunnysoft

:( :( :(

Mike Temporale
01-24-2005, 04:51 PM
How much time could it take to fix this bug. Maybe a couple of days. Over all, wouldn't that be a better use of a developers time? Get the current batch of applications fixed so there are no unhappy customers? If the delivery date of a yet-to-be-announced application slips by a couple days because you're fixing a bug in the companies current line of revenue generating products, don't you think the boss would like that?

:roll:

John Cody
01-24-2005, 05:07 PM
And even MORE bad news...

Peter just also sent me this:

Hello John,

Sorry about this. We have to go by what the martket is asking for and also
by the possibilities of each platform. The development possibilities of
Smartphones are very limited by various certification procedures which allow
us to develop the applications but do not allow the users to use the
software in its full functionality.

What I have put up on the discussion servers was only a request for users to
send in bugs they would like to see fixed in the upcomming version. After we
reviewing them we decided not to develop any new Smartphone applications
requiring certification. Soon both WOL and Mailcenter will be removed from
the market and all that will be left will be the Apps Package (alarm and
stop watch and a game).

We will be focusing more on Pocket PC applications this year.

Best regards,

Peter Klekner
Sunnysoft
:( :cry: :evil:

John Cody
01-24-2005, 06:57 PM
EVEN MORE Bad news...

I just looked on both Handango and Smartphone.net and it looks like Sunnysoft no longer sells Mailcenter at all!

So, besides NEVER fixing ANY bugs with Mailcenter, they are now abandoning/leaving all of their existing customers in the cold 8O

:evil: