View Full Version : Database Problems

Jason Dunn
08-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Some of you may have noticed we had some database issues today - for some reason the databases are being corrupted, and we're trying to figure out what's causing it. It looks like we've lost some data as well - Mike Temporale can't log in to post messages, because his account is gone. 8O So if you're having the same problem, stand by while we try to fix it.

Jason Dunn
08-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Posting a test message...is anyone else having trouble posting? Please post if you can't post. :lol:

John Cody
08-28-2004, 02:35 AM
This is a test post

John Cody
08-28-2004, 02:38 AM
Jason, if it will help with the debugging...the error message I received when the site went down first showed one error message for about 20 minutes (but I forgot what message it was), then the error message switched to something like "could not read lastvisit data"

-John Cody

Mike T
08-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Ya, I'm having some problems posting!! :wink: I'll be using this new account until things return to normal.

:D

John Cody
08-28-2004, 02:53 AM
"Posts: 1"

Mike, you have a lotta catching up to do... :wink:

Mike T
08-28-2004, 03:10 AM
"Posts: 1"

Mike, you have a lotta catching up to do... :wink:

2 down, 1280 to go! :lol:

Kris Kumar
08-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Hey Mike, check out my Posts count :rotfl:

I used to dream about the day when my posts count would catch up to yours. And knew fully well that, that day might never come. Well prayers have been answered. ;-)

I hope Jason doesn't think that I somehow sabotaged your account. I better hide. :-)

Mike T
08-28-2004, 11:48 AM

:puppydogeyes:

I will return to the glory I once had. Even if I have to post it all over again, by hand :lol:

Janak Parekh
08-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Well prayers have been answered. ;-)
They've been unanswered too. Mike "Full Last Name" Temporale is back. ;)

--janak

Janak Parekh
08-29-2004, 02:17 AM
Jason, if it will help with the debugging...the error message I received when the site went down first showed one error message for about 20 minutes (but I forgot what message it was), then the error message switched to something like "could not read lastvisit data"
Yeah, we've been watching the errors closely. While we know what the problem is, we're still working on the underlying cause. :| Anyway, SPT's back up for now.

--janak

Mike Temporale
08-29-2004, 02:20 AM

I used to dream about the day when my posts count would catch up to yours. And knew fully well that, that day might never come. Well prayers have been answered. ;-)

:twak:

Guess who's back! :wink: :P

Mike Temporale
08-29-2004, 02:22 AM
Yeah, we've been watching the errors closely. While we know what the problem is, we're still working on the underlying cause. :| Anyway, SPT's back up for now.

Thanks guys! Thanks for putting up with my endless emails; "Where's my account?", "Is it back yet?", "How much longer, Poppa Smurf?" :wink:

Kris Kumar
08-29-2004, 07:15 AM
:twak:

Guess who's back! :wink: :P

Ouch :(

Well, I am good at playing the underdog :-)

Welcome back Mike "Full Last Name" Temporale.