View Full Version : Smartphone Breakout Period Is 12 To 18 Months Away

Mike Temporale
08-26-2004, 11:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.instat.com/catalog/Wcatalogue.asp?id=214#IN0401702WH' target='_blank'>http://www.instat.com/catalog/Wcatalogue.asp?id=214#IN0401702WH</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Smartphone shipments are set to rise dramatically over the next five years, as better devices and lower prices combine with other factors to fuel growth and meet demand, according to this new In-Stat/MDR report. The new report, "Smartphones Rising: 10 Things You Should Know About This Segment", points out a 44% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for smartphone shipments over the forecast period. Also, the big breakout period for smartphones is still about 12 to 18 months away, as stated in the report."</i><br /><br />If you've got $3000 to spare, then I have a report for you! Check out this 38 page report on the Smartphone market that includes shipment forecasts, regional breakdowns, and why Microsoft's Smartphone strategy is "<i>OK</i>".

possmann
08-26-2004, 05:05 PM
I'd love to read the report - anyone have $3K they can give me - in fact while you are giving me the $3K tack on at least another $500 so I can buy the SIM free version of the 220 when it finally hits the streets :lol:

IMO; smartphones should continue to target business - that is where I think MS has always played well - the integration that the smartphone OS offers to business value. I don;t think we'll find as many "casual" phone users really picking up on the benifits of the smartphone OS. Having said that, once the price points start to drop (hardware technology) then I think we'll really start to see the proliferation of these devices out there...

just my thoughts :wink:

ShivShanks
08-27-2004, 01:53 AM
If you've got $3000 to spare, then I have a report for you!
There is another way to read such reports without paying out all that moolah :) Many large companies (Fortune 500 types) have internal online libraries that subscribe to such "Anal"ysts (as I call them ;) ) reports and you can read them there. Certainly my company's internal library site lets me read such reports. If you happen to work for a comany that has such facilities then check there. I just checked and it hasn't so far appeared on our library site. Perhaps because its newly released.

Another option is to check your online stock trading account. Many of them have searchable reports based on industry segments etc.

Mike Temporale
08-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the tips Shiv. I'm self employed, so I know it's not in my library. :wink: However, a couple of my clients, are large enough, and they very well might have this in their library. Your second suggestion sounds like the best chance for me. I will check out my online trade account and see what they have to offer.

Thanks again!