View Full Version : Connecting to a Mac

worcesterhibby
08-16-2004, 12:46 PM
just got myself a motorola MPx200 and I'm synching it with my mac via Pocketmac...I'd be keen to hear from anyone who has any advice about possible pitfalls or problems I might face.

Mike Temporale
08-16-2004, 02:14 PM
I can't really comment, since I don't have a Mac, but I will say that I've heard others say that sync'ing with PocketMac is more reliable than using ActiveSync.

Nikhil
08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
The problem I had with PocketMac was that after each sync, I would have to restart my Mac before I could synchronize again. It also hogged a lot of resources (I had a 12" Rev. C 1.33 G4 PowerBook with 768MB RAM) and slowed the computer to a halt.

Since then I have sold my PB and switched back to Windows, so I'm not sure if the bug has been recitfied.

worcesterhibby
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
So far I can reccomend it!...One of the nicest things is that my phone will now synch directly with Iphoto and the pictures which are transferred are automatically reduced in sixe to the optimum resolution to be viewed on my phone..neat! I just ordered an 256mb mmc card so that I can store music and video too, so we'll see how well it synchs with Itunes in due course