View Full Version : Any chance Wireless Sync can work with just plain old Outlook (w/o Exchange)?

ChrisWalker
08-08-2004, 02:43 AM
I have installed Wireless Sync 2.0 on my phone. It beautifully connects to and synchronizes to the online Wireless Sync portal.

But here's the problem:

I am using Outlook 2003 on my PC. I am not part of an Exchange or Domino system. I just want my contacts and calendar appointments to show up on my phone. But there appears to be NO WAY to synchronize Outlook's contacts and appointments from my PC to the online portal (and thus to the phone) without using Exchange or Domino.

I have heard that other cellular providers have this support. Does anyone know how this could be accomplished using Verizon? Or where I could go to make it happen? :)

This _should_ be simple. I called Verizon support and they told me they'll call me back eventually (as in weeks or months, if ever) once they find out why my system is not working right (after talking with Intellisync). Apparently, even they aren't aware of this limitation. They told me that just installing Wireless Sync on my PC (in order to get it on my i600 SmartPhone) would be enough to sync the contacts and calendar items automatically.

Chris

ChrisWalker
08-20-2004, 11:25 PM
[bump]

I have received private messages about this topic from others who seem to have the same problem.

Has _anyone_ been able to get their "standard installation" Outlook to sync contacts and calendar items wirelessly via WirelessSync with their i600 phone?

Or even been able to get their "standard installation Outlook" to sync contacts and calendar items with the WirelessSync website?

Chris